While I love PF Chang’s lettuce wraps, they have nothing on these Thai lettuce wraps. Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is so easy to make and satisfying.
Made with ground chicken, cashew nuts and served with Thai sweet chili sauce, every bite is so lip-smackingly good that you just can’t stop eating.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Many people ask me the tips on how to make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. My secrets and ingredients are below. Try my recipe today, you will love it!
- Ground Chicken
- Cashew Nuts
- Fish Sauce – you can’t make an authentic Thai recipe without fish sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce – jazz it up with extra lime juice, chopped cilantro and sesame seeds
- Fresh lettuce leaves – use butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce. Iceberg lettuce gives an extra “crunch” to the bite.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 372 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 small onion (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 10 oz. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup whole roasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Pinch white sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to combine well. Clean the butter lettuce, peel each leaf off the stem, set aside.
- Heat up a wok or skillet on medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the onion, garlic, and stir-fry until they are slightly browned. Add the ground chicken, stir continuously with the spatula, to break up the lumps. Add the cashew nuts, fish sauce, and sweet soy sauce. Stir to combine well.
- Continue to cook until the filling becomes dry but remains moist. Add the cilantro and turn off the heat.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, add 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the middle of the butter lettuce, and top with some sauce. Wrap it up and eat immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
This recipe is fabulous! My whole family loves it, I double up on the sauce though as there never seems to be enough of it :-)
Thanks for trying this Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe!
I love Thai food. Will try the recipe.
Because I have a seafood allergy is their a substitute for fish sauce?
Just use soy sauce.
This was fabulous! I had an over abundance of romaine lettuce so I used that and it worked great! I used regular soy sauce and because of the sweetness of the sweet chili sauce, I don’t think it was lacking in sweetness at all!!
Awesome, glad that you liked the Thai chicken lettuce wraps! :)
I made this for my family the other night and everyone was in heaven. It was so delicious and so easy! Thank you, thank you for my new favorite recipe that will be a staple in our house!
Hi Kelly, thanks for your sweet comment. So glad that you all love the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. :)
Made this tonight for dinner it was great. Even my picky eater loved it. I served it with the chili sauce and homemade peanut sauce yum.Will made this again soon maybe with shrimp.
Hi Debbie, sounds yummy! Shrimp is a great idea, I will have to try that. :)
Can you suggest a good substitute for the cashew nuts? I love nuts, but cannot eat cashews.
Hi Karen, you can use roasted peanuts.
Thank you for the recipe Rasa. I really like your recipes
& great pictures.
Hi Robert, thanks for your sweet comment. :)
I can’t find sweet soy sauce is there any substitute?
Just use soy sauce and add a little sugar to taste. :)
yes but how do you make the soy sauce sweet?
What is sweet soy sauce? And where do you find it or what can you substitute?
Just use regular soy sauce and add a little sugar to taste. :)