Rich, creamy and delicious uni pasta made with sea urchins. The uni or sea urchin lend a remarkable taste to this uni pasta. Easy and SO DELICIOUS!
Uni Pasta (Sea Urchin Pasta)
Rich, creamy and delicious uni pasta made with sea urchins.
The uni or sea urchin lend a remarkable taste to this uni pasta.
Tried and tested recipe.
This uni pasta or sea urchin pasta recipe was adapted from Eat A Duck I Must.
It’s a perfect dinner date recipe if you want to impress your guests or your significant other.
Recently, we took our son to an Italian restaurant and this uni (sea urchin) pasta was on the menu and our picky eater gobbled it up and wanted more.
It is absolutely scrumptious.
If I am not mistaken, uni pasta is made famous by celeb chef extraordinaire Eric Ripert.
I remember watching a TV program where Eric made his famous signature dish.
The briny taste of fresh sea urchin, heavy cream, and cheese paired perfectly in this rich, creamy, and utterly delicious dish.
This weekend, instead of making Asian food, try this uni pasta at home.
We absolutely loved it when I made this.
And while you are at it, you can sip your favorite white or red wine.
It’s totally up to you!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 460 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 shrimp, deveined and shelled but leave tails on
- 1 package fresh uni (sea urchin)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Angel hair or Spaghetti
- Warm up the cream and 1 smashed clove of garlic in a sauce pan, do not let it boil. Simmer for 10 mins or until cream has thickened.
- Remove the cream from heat and reserve a little for the egg yolk. Add 3/4 of the block of uni into the sauce. Using an immersion blender, blend till smooth and strain through a sieve; keep warm.
- Start a pot of salted boiling water for the pasta and until al dente. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a hot pan, pan-sear until the shrimp are cooked. Strain the pasta and add to a hot pan, then add the uni sauce and cook for a couple more seconds. Beat the egg yolks with the reserved cream. Remove the hot pan from the stove and slowly pour in the egg mixture while stirring. This will prevent it from turning into scrambled eggs.
- Add a handful of the grated parmesan cheese and stir. Season the pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Plate the pasta and garnish with the shrimp and chopped chives
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 460Total Fat 23.5gSaturated Fat 12.9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 364mgSodium 350mgCarbohydrates 38.3gSugar 0.2gProtein 24.7g