Satay Peanut Sauce Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/malaysian-sataynow-with-peanut-sauce/
December 15th, 2007 79 Comments

Satay Peanut Sauce Recipe

Satay
Satay pictures (8 of 8)

Many readers sent me emails requesting for Peanut Sauce recipe to go with my chicken satay, a recipe that I shared not too long ago. I apologize it look me this long to post the recipe for satay peanut sauce; it’s just one of those things that I procrastinate.

Last weekend, I was devising and perfecting my Malaysian chicken satay recipe so it gave me the opportunity to document my satay peanut sauce recipe…

Click Page 2 for the Satay Peanut Sauce Recipe Recipe

1. Pingback:Indonesian food: Sedap! « angelinahue

2. Apple says:

May i know if i can don’t add peanut into this satay sauce recipe? trying to make a satay sauce without peanut due to allergy. Pls advice! thank you! :D

3. zeddie says:

even better…. peanuts, groundnut oil, butter, fish sauce, chilli flakes, lime juice, shoshing, light soy, garlic, ginger, coconut milk……….. yummy

4. Atochabsh says:

Is there a way to make this peanut sauce with peanut butter?

5. Ash says:

I’m a Singaporean and all my Indonesian friends (both the Chinese Indo and the Muslims) swore by Bango when I was looking out for a brand of kecap manis. Definitely agree that ABC is more widely available and in fact, I almost bought ABC til my Indo mates told me of Bango, and advised that Bango has a thicker consistency and a more complex taste compared to ABC. To be honest, I have never tried ABC as I went for what they advised – and never regret it. Now Bango is a must-have when I’m cooking most Southeast Asian dishes. However, one word though; Bango can cost almost twice the price of a similar volume of ABC. Here in Australia, a glass bottle of ABC costs AUD3.95 while a similar glass bottle of Bango costs AUD5.95 but I notice that if I buy Bango in the refill pack (in a plastic packet), it still costs about the same as a glass bottle of ABC. I simply poured it into a glass jar I saved from some foodstuff I had just finished using.

• Stacey says:

I did get the ABC brand, but it has sodium benzoate preservative in it. Not good. I actually made my own. I don’t know how it compares to the store bought kinds, but it was nice, thick and tasty. Just some soy sauce and I used organic rapadura sugar….

6. Pingback:Going Peanuts! | Angelina Hue

7. Troy says:

Hi!

Could you tell me how to adapt this recipe to jerky?

I am looking for fun new recipes to make with dehydrated beef, and after reading your fantastic recipe, it is something I’d love to do.

Thank you in advance!

8. Aleks says:

Bee,
    Thanks for the recipe. Can you please tell me, do you recommend the above volume of satay sauce for one volume of your chicken satay recipe?
    If not can you please specify what ratio?

Aleks

9. Citi says:

I went in Malaysia 30 years ago and I love satay. Thanks for the recipe I have try today and it’s perfect.
    Kiss from Paris ^^

10. My says:

Hi,

I have a jar of tamarind paste at home, can I use this instead of the fresh tamarind pulp? If so, do I just use 1/4 cup?

Thanks.

11. naomi bailey says:

This sounds great!! Gotta try it!

12. mumbopizza says:

HI Rasa..

Thank you for a wonderful recipe you shave here, so much to experiment and tasteful tips as well.. much appreciated that dear..

warm Rgd