Mini Egg Cake (鸡蛋糕) http://rasamalaysia.com/mini-egg-cake-recipe/
June 03rd, 2013 89 Comments

Mini Egg Cake (鸡蛋糕)

Traditional Mini Egg Cake
Traditional Mini Egg Cake pictures (2 of 3)

My friend CP is a fantastic baker. She always posts her beautiful baking recipes on Facebook. A few weeks ago, I asked her if she would be willing to share some of her recipes with the readers of Rasa Malaysia and she gladly said yes. I chose four baking recipes from her, which I will be posting in the next few weeks. They are all great stuff, and I hope you will love what she shares with us.

This mini egg cake or 鸡蛋糕 caught my attention when I was going through her photos. These mini cakes were my favorite when I was growing up as my mother would always buy them from the market, and I would snack on it the whole day: breakfast, tea, and supper, or whenever I am hungry. So this recipe does bring a lot of childhood memories back.

Mini Egg Cake

My friend CP told me that she adapted the recipe from a baking book by a very popular Malaysian baker. It is an easy recipe and takes less than 1 hour, so everyone can make this. There are no special ingredients involved so there is no need to stock up on new ingredients. Trust me, these mini egg cakes are soft, pillowy, and absolutely tasty. Enjoy!

Click Page 2 for the Mini Egg Cake (鸡蛋糕) Recipe

1. Ann says:

Dear Bee,
    Do you think this tin tart pans is alright to use for this mini egg cake? I just found at William Sonoma website. Thanks
    Gobel Traditional Finish Brioche Pan, 3 1/4″, Set of 6
    $16

2. Kim says:

Hi, can I use brown sugar?

3. Ashley says:

Hi Bee, can I substitute the oil with melted butter?

4. saraswathy says:

Hi, can use the normal size love or round baking tin, or even do it as cup cake by pouring it in cup cake paper

5. Sharon says:

Hi,
    So far, I have only see beat eggs and sugar till thick and pale yellow. Your receipe called for “light and fluffy”.

Can you advice me how can I tell if is light and fluffy stage (Eg, if ridges is form, estimated how many minutes of beating time to reach that stage)

Thank you so much.

• Emmy says:

Wait! So are we supposed to beat the eggs and sugar until pale thick and yellow (5 minutes beating time)? Or just until combined (2 minutes beating time).
      PLZ reply ASAP Bee!
      I really wanna make this cake, but I’m very confused on the steps with the beating the sugar and eggs.

Thx

6. Mary Jane says:

Where did you get your cake mini pans?

7. jltstp says:

Can I use self raising flour instead of all purpose flour?