Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
1 lb salmon fillet, cut into two equal-sized pieces
Oil, for searing
Makes 150 ml
5 tablespoons Mizkan (Bonito Flavored) Soup Base
3 tablespoons Mizkan HONTERI Mirin Seasoning
3 tablespoons sake
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Add all the ingredients in the Teriyaki Sauce in a saucepan. Stir to blend well.
- Heat up the saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the teriyaki sauce bubbles and thickens, remove it from heat. Let cool.
- Marinate the salmon with half the Teriyaki Sauce in a sealed plastic bag for 4-6 hours, or best overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the oil and pan-sear the marinated salmon until the surface is charred, about 1-2 minutes.
- Brush the remaining Teriyaki Sauce on the seared salmon and transfer them to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle the leftover Teriyaki Sauce on the salmon and serve immediately with steamed rice.