Everyone loves chicken nuggets, and if you’re a mom, you’ll know that chicken nuggets are our secret weapon and a must-have for toddlers.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Now how do you make delicious and crispy chicken nuggets without deep-frying? You bake them to make these amazing baked chicken nuggets that feed the entire family, including the pickiest eaters.
The secret ingredient in this baked chicken nuggets recipe is Parmesan cheese. Mix grated Parmesan cheese with the panko bread crumbs and generously coat the chicken.
If you don’t have panko, you can use regular bread crumbs, but I will tell you that Japanese panko will make the baked chicken nuggets extremely light, airy, and super crispy!
This is the BEST Parmesan baked chicken nuggets recipe you’ll find online, with real chicken and a few simple ingredients. Prep time is only 20 minutes and the oven will do the rest. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 399 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken breasts, approximately 1 lb. (0.4 kg))
- 1 1/4 cup panko (bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten cooking spray)
Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or any spicy chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Combine all the ingredients for the Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Cut the chicken into 1.5-2 inches pieces. Set on a dish.
- Spread panko in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 3 minutes in the middle rack, until light brown. Transfer the panko to a shallow dish and mix in the Parmesan and coarse salt. Drizzle the oil and mix well.
- Set out the flour and eggs in separate dishes. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (218°C). Place a wire rack on the baking sheet, lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In small batches, coat the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess, dip in egg, and lastly coat well with panko. Transfer to the rack. Bake the chicken until desired tenderness, about 12-14 minutes, turning when halfway through. Serve nuggets with the Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Dear Rasa, I love cooking, and I love your recipes, but this recipe picture I think shows coconut on the chicken, but I don’t see it in the recipe list , anyplace. Please let me know what I am seeing , thanks so much .
Hi Robert, no they are not coconut, but Parmesan cheese. :)
I used this recipe tonight to make chicken tenders for chicken parm. It was so fantastic! I think this is the first time I’ve ever baked chicken with a breading successfully. It was crispy and tender. You’d never know it wasn’t fried.
Tried your nuggets today. Fantastic – and I think I’ve cooked every recipe that you can imagine. I don’t know if its prebrowning the Panko or what but this is the ONLY way I will do chicken nuggets! thanks so much!
Well, I’ll start with my 8yr old loved them. And they are nicely crunchy! Unfortunately, waaaay too much time, prep/clean up and very bland flavor put this in the UN-Pin file. Everything took much longer to brown as well.
Made these today for lunch. My daughter ate them with her sauce and we cut them up onto salads. They were AWESOME! My husband and I both love the crunch and the fact they are so much better than anything else. Thank for sharing. I made them exactly according to the recipe and they turned out perfect.
Hi Karen, thanks for trying my Parmesan baked chicken nuggets recipe. :)
Can you tell me the caloric information for these?
I will soon have Nutrition Facts for this recipe, please stay tuned.
Just made these today for my picky 3 year old daughter and she LOVED them! Great alternative to frying and McDonald’s!
If you can’t find panko breadcrumbs will another kind do dust as well?
You can just use regular bread crumbs but now major supermarkets have panko.
These are awesome. I tried them once straight up and was very impressed. Second time I brined the chicken and it was glorious. Highly recommend brining for at least a few hours. Thanks very much!
Cannot wait to bake these tonight! Any other suggestions for the sauce in the spicy ketchup?(besides sriracha)