Baked Chicken Recipes
This Honey Garlic Baked Chicken is one of the best baked chicken recipes you will ever make in an oven. I have made this recipe 3 times in the past week. It’s really that good!
Just look at the golden-skinned chicken thighs with the glistening honey garlic sauce, are you hungry?
How Do You Marinate the Chicken
You don’t really have to marinate the chicken with my recipe. Just mix the following ingredients with the chicken and you will have the most amazing chicken dinner.
What’s more, the ingredients are everyday ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper
Other Recipes You Might Like
How Long To Bake Chicken Thighs in the Oven
I used chicken thighs in this Honey Garlic Baked Chicken recipe. Because the chicken is coated with honey, I covered the chicken with aluminum foil before baking in the oven.
This is to avoid the chicken from burning on the skin but the inside remains raw.
I baked the chicken thighs for 30 minutes before removing the foil. By 30 minutes, the chicken would be completely cooked through.
Please take note that I used organic chicken thighs which are very small. If you have regular chicken thighs that are big, you have to bake them longer until they are cooked through.
The last 15 minutes is to brown the skin. Every oven is different so you want to check often to make sure the skin is not burned.
This recipe yields absolutely delicious, tender, juicy and moist baked chicken. The honey garlic sauce is epic; it tastes sweet, savory, garlicky and slightly heaty.
The sauce and the chicken are so good that you will want to sop up every bit of the sticky goodness, and the chicken are practically finger licking good.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 442 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. (0.4 kg-1 kg) chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Clean and rinse the chicken thighs. Pat dry with paper. Score the bottom of the chicken thighs. Cut 3 slits across the meat. This will ensure that the honey garlic marinade will get inside the chicken meat.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a baking pan. Add the olive oil to the chicken, coat evenly. Rub the minced garlic to the chicken, make sure some of the garlic get inside the slits of the meat.
- Add the honey, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir and mix well with the chicken. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the foil and continue to bake for about 15 minutes - 20 minutes, or until the skin turns golden brown. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
I used very small organic chicken thighs. If your chicken thighs are big, bake longer until they become golden brown like the pictures. You may check doneness of the chicken thighs by cutting a slit in the center of the chicken.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 166mgSodium 568mgCarbohydrates 10gSugar 8gProtein 27g