Ever since my son goes to pre-school, I have been baking at least once or twice a week.
I love doing simple and quick baking that little G can bring to school for his snack.
I have some old recipes that I am revisiting, and I am adding them to my baking roaster.
A few weeks ago, I had a chance to meet up with her and it reminded me that I have to redo the garlic knots recipe.
So here are cheddar garlic knots…they are the same garlicky and buttery goodness, but even better with the addition of grated cheddar cheese.
We all know how good it is when cheese melts and forms into a cheesy crust.
These cheddar garlic knots are really amazing I practically finished half of them before little G got home.
I did manage to save some for him and he absolutely loved it.
This cheddar garlic knots recipe is super easy to make as you can use a store-bought pizza dough to make it.
I got mine from Trader Joe’s but you can get the frozen dough from food stores or even Walmart.
Pairs well with:
Cheddar Garlic Knots Recipe
Cheddar Garlic Knots – cheesy, buttery garlic knots that anyone can make at home as a side dish, takes only 20 minutes from prep to dinner table!!
- 1 lbs store-bought pizza dough, thawed at room temperature
- all-purpose flour, for dusting and rolling out dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin, creating a 8-inch square. Stretch the dough with hand if it's too stiff. Cut the dough in half to form two rectangles, and cut into 12 strips as pictured below.
- 4Tie each strip into a knot and then arrange the knots on the lined baking sheets.
- 5Bake the knots for 5 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- 6Combine the olive oil, butter, garlic and salt in a small sauce pan over low heat. Cook until the butter has melted and the mixture is warmed. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- 7Brush the baked knots with the garlic mixture and sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of each knot. Bake for a few more minutes or until the cheese melted. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
You can make the pizza dough from scratch using Just A Taste's ultimate pizza dough recipe.