Ever since my son goes to pre-school, I have been baking at least once or twice a week.
I love doing simple and quick baking that little G can bring to school for his snack.
I have some old recipes that I am revisiting, and I am adding them to my baking roaster.
A few weeks ago, I had a chance to meet up with her and it reminded me that I have to redo the garlic knots recipe.
So here are cheddar garlic knots…they are the same garlicky and buttery goodness, but even better with the addition of grated cheddar cheese.
We all know how good it is when cheese melts and forms into a cheesy crust.
These cheddar garlic knots are really amazing I practically finished half of them before little G got home.
I did manage to save some for him and he absolutely loved it.
This cheddar garlic knots recipe is super easy to make as you can use a store-bought pizza dough to make it.
I got mine from Trader Joe’s but you can get the frozen dough from food stores or even Walmart.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 49 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb (500g) store-bought pizza dough, thawed at room temperature
- all-purpose flour (for dusting and rolling out dough)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin, creating an 8-inch square. Stretch the dough with hands if it's too stiff. Cut the dough in half to form two rectangles, and cut into 12 strips as pictured below.
- Tie each strip into a knot and then arrange the knots on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake the knots for 5 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Combine the olive oil, butter, garlic and salt in a small sauce pan over low heat. Cook until the butter has melted, and the mixture is warmed. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Brush the baked knots with the garlic mixture and sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of each knot. Bake for a few more minutes, or until the cheese melted. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.