Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
This chocolate pecan pie is perfectly baked with a flaky, crumbly crust filled with seasonal pecans and semisweet chocolate chips. Baking this delicious homemade pecan pie will highlight your Thanksgiving dinner. It’s rich, buttery, and full of a nutty aroma in every bite.
It’s a classic pecan pie that is baked with a ready-to-bake pie crust and whipped up the filling ingredients within less than 10 minutes. Quick to make and will never fail to serve as the best dessert for holidays.
Why This Recipe Works
This is a quick and easy recipe that makes a delicious pecan pie with either a homemade pie crust or store-bought ones.
You may make the pie one or two days ahead of time with this easy homemade recipe. Leave the pie at room temperature for one day, or refrigerate it for the second day and after.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Ingredients
Ingredients for Pie Crust
- One store-bought rolled pie crust
- Or homemade recipe you love
Ingredients for filling
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Sea salt
- Semisweet chocolate chips
Pecans go rancid quickly if stored inappropriately. Use seasonal and fresh pecans for the best taste.
I’ve reduced the sweetness in my recipe by cutting down the sugar with less maple syrup and brown sugar. Feel free to add more sweetness to the pie if desired.
Maple syrup and vanilla extract add an incredible flavor to the pie for a better taste.
How To Make Chocolate Pecan Pie?
Since this recipe uses store-bought pie crust dough instead of homemade ones, it lets you focus on the filling. Unroll the pie crust dough and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate.
Roast pecans in a preheated oven for a few minutes to bring out the fragrance of nuts.
The filling is almost the easiest part of making this chocolate pecan pie. Whisk together all the ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, melted butter and sea salt. Next, fold in chopped pecans and semisweet chocolate chips.
Transfer the filling to the crust, and bake for 55 minutes or until the center is set firmly.
Remove from the oven and cool down completely until it sets firmly in the center.
- Pick the freshest pecans for the best taste. Roast pecans for 5 to 10 minutes before folding them into the filling mixture. It makes a crunchy texture and adds a decent nutty flavor to the final product.
- Cool down the pie completely before slicing. The pie sets perfectly with a flaky crust and firm filling in the center while it cools to room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to store chocolate pecan pie?
You may tent the chocolate pecan pie with aluminum foil and leave it on the kitchen counter for one day. To keep the pie last longer, refrigerate it for up to 1 week. To serve, bring the pie to room temperature before serving.
If you like to enjoy a warm pecan pie, preheat the oven to 275°F (135°C) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
How long does it take to bake chocolate pecan pie?
Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 55 minutes or over 1 hour.
If the crust gets browning too quickly, loosely tent the pie with aluminum foil.
Once baked, the filling comes out gooey as usual and sets firmly as it cools down. If the filling is too liquidy, bake a few minutes more.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe has 457 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 roll ready to bake pie crust
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Unroll the pie crust dough and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, and roast the pecans for 5 minutes until you can smell the aroma; then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, melted butter, and sea salt until combined. Next, fold in chopped pecans and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the crust. And bake for 55 minutes, or until the center is set firmly.
- Cool down the pie entirely on a rack, then slice and serve.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.