GARLIC BUTTER MAHI MAHI RECIPE
This garlic butter Mahi Mahi is an easy homemade fish recipe cooked with the simplest ingredients. This flaky, tender mahi-mahi dish tastes incredibly delicious with the buttery lemon sauce.
Mahi-mahi is a meaty white fish with a mild sweet taste. You can cook the fish with this easy garlic butter Mahi Mahi recipe to keep it simple and tasty. The semi-firm texture of the meat is perfectly cooked with a light browning on the outside, while the interior is still moist and soaked in all the flavor from the sauce. Can you believe this palatable seafood dish only takes 25 minutes to cook?
GARLIC BUTTER MAHI MAHI INGREDIENTS
- Mahi-mahi fillets
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER MAHI MAHI?
To make the best garlic butter Mahi Mahi, I recommend you to pan-sear the mahi-mahi fillets with a cast-iron skillet which will add more flavor to the dish when it’s done.
First, prepare the fresh lemon juice and lemon slices for the sauce.
Secondly, rinse and pat dry the mahi-mahi fillets with paper towels. Season the fillets on both sides with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
Heat the skillet (or nonstick frying pan) with olive oil on medium heat. Add the mahi-mahi fillets to the skillet, and sear them for 4 to 5 minutes on each side (which depends on the thickness of the fillet). Gently flip the fillets over and cook them until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. Dish out on a plate.
Use the same skillet for cooking the lemon butter sauce. Add lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low, constantly stir and cook the sauce until aromatic.
Add lemon slices and butter to the skillet, keep stirring the sauce until butter melts. Transfer the mahi-mahi fillets to the skillet, and cook them for an extra 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the fillets to get more flavors.
Dish out and serve them immediately with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled on the top.
- To ensure garlic butter mahi-mahi is cooked perfectly in time, we need to choose a 4 to 6 oz mahi-mahi fillet for this recipe. Too small or too big of the mahi-mahi fillet will lead to an overcooked or undercooked issue.
- We should always use the fresh lemon juice to make the sauce for the recipe, which will bring the dish a light and refreshing taste.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I USE FROZEN MAHI-MAHI FILLET TO MAKE THE GARLIC BUTTER MAHI MAHI?
Yes, you can use either the fresh mahi-mahi fillet or the frozen ones. The best way to defrost the frozen mahi-mahi fillet is to keep it in an airtight bag and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Cook the fish the next day to have a fresh taste.
IS MAHI-MAHI HEALTHY?
Yes, Mahi-mahi is healthy and provides portions, vitamins, and minerals to our bodies. It helps to maintain healthy skin, brain function and also prevents the joint problem.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This recipe is 263 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 small lemons
- 4 (4 oz each) mahi-mahi fillets
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut one lemon in half, and squeeze out the juice into a bowl. Cut another small lemon into slices. Set both the lemon juice and lemon slices aside.
- Rinse the mahi-mahi fillets with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Season the mahi-mahi fillets with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the skillet (or nonstick frying pan) with olive oil on medium heat. Add the mahi-mahi fillets to the skillet, and cook them for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the fillets over gently and cook them until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. Dish out on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, constantly stir and cook the sauce until aromatic.
- Add lemon slices and butter to the skillet, keep stirring the sauce until butter melts. Transfer the mahi-mahi fillets to the skillet, and cook for an extra 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the fillets to get more flavors.
- Turn off the heat, and serve the dish immediately with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Recipe Source: The Kitchen
Amount Per Serving Calories 263Total Fat 18.6gSaturated Fat 8.3gCholesterol 71mgSodium 217mgCarbohydrates 3.3gFiber 0.9gSugar 0.8gProtein 21.7g