Fingerling potato is a small, narrow and finger-shaped potato. Due to the size and shape, fingerlings are best for roasted potatoes as a side dish.
Now, how to cook fingerling potatoes on the stove? They are usually halved and pan-roasted on the stove using a skillet, with crispy garlic, parsley and butter.
This Garlic Butter Roasted Fingerling Potatoes recipe is a must-have for holidays, special occasions or every day as a weeknight side.
The recipe calls for only 5 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes active time with 20 minutes bake time in the oven! It’s the easiest and best fingerling potatoes recipe. You really can’t go wrong with garlic, butter and potatoes.
To enhance the flavors, I added in some garlic powder and the end result is absolutely delicious. I just couldn’t stop eating them.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Choose smaller fingerlings so they cook easily and crisp up perfectly on the surface and edges.
- Slice the potatoes horizontally into halves.
- Roast the potatoes using a cast-iron skillet because it retains high heat and spread heat evenly. After roasting in the oven, they turn into crispy, tender, buttery and garlicky potato wedges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Eat the Skin of Fingerling Potatoes?
Absolutely! For this recipe, you don’t have to peel the skin, just make sure you rinse and scrub the skin from dirt before cooking. Keep the skin on for roasted potatoes.
How Many Calories?
This recipe is 228 calories per serving.
Are Fingerling Potatoes Healthy?
Yes, they are are loaded with potassium and have zero fat, saturated fat and cholesterol. They are also high in vitamin C.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Butter Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Rinse the fingerling potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Slice each potato horizontally.
- Heat up an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat. Add the melted butter and saute the garlic. Add the potatoes and stir a few times before adding the garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes turn golden brown, tender and cooked through. Top with the chopped parsley, if using. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I cannot eat garlic even though I love it. Can you suggest something else to add for flavor. Not onions. Thank you so much.
Ginger or other chopped herbs