I am a sucker for all thing seafood and I love scallops.
My neighborhood store has a scallops sale this week and I just had to buy them and make these amazing garlic butter scallops with lemon sauce.
And guess what, I finished all of them.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Most people would think of scallop as a super fancy ingredient that you can only get in expensive restaurants.
This is totally wrong.
When scallops are on sale, you can get 1 lb for a fraction of eating out, and you get 10x the quantity and not just two on your plate!
My garlic lemon butter scallops were perfectly cooked, in the most amazing and mouthwatering lemon sauce, and it took me less than 20 minutes.
Serve them with plain spaghetti and slurp down the lemon sauce.
Date nights at home are easier and cheaper than you think!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 321 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) sea scallops
- ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mirin, sweet rice wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the scallops with cold water, pat dry with paper towels. Remove the side-muscle if you find any still attached. Season with salt and black pepper on both sides of the scallops.
- Heat up a skillet with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Pan-seared the scallops until both sides are nicely charred (but inside might not be cooked through). Dish out and set aside. On the same skillet, add the remaining melted butter and saute the garlic until light brown. Add the white wine, mirin (if using), lemon juice. Transfer the scallops back into the skillet. Add salt (to taste) and the parsley. As soon as the sauce comes to a light simmer, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 94mgSodium 936mgCarbohydrates 11gSugar 1gProtein 27g