I am very late in the zucchini noodles or “zoodles” game, but it’s better be late than never.
I actually bought a spiralizer years ago but I never got to using it.
Recently, as I was cleaning up my cabinet, I saw the spiralizer and I had a couple of zucchinis in the fridge, so I made this honey sriracha chicken zucchini noodles.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Unlike most zoodles recipes you will find online, I didn’t cook my zucchini noodles.
I personally love fresh zucchini and think that cooking the zoodles will just kill the texture, so don’t cook your zoodles, they are really amazing and just perfect.
All you need is adding some protein such as chicken or shrimp as toppings, toss them together, and you will have a delightful meal.
I made some savory and spicy honey sriracha chicken stir-fry to pair with the zoodles.
The dish takes only 15 minutes to make and absolutely amazing.
Every bite is scrumptious, with the chicken and zoodles…so healthy and wholesome.
Please bear in mind that there is a lot of liquid in the zucchini noodles, so you have to finish the meal fast.
Do not let them sit too long or the water will seep out from the zoodles and dilute the taste of the dish.
Add the chicken on top of the zoodles, gently toss them around and enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 387 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 oz. (280 g) zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- white sesame for garnishing
- Cut 1-inch off both ends of the zucchinis and use the spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. Transfer the zoodles to two serving bowls. Add all the ingredients for the Sauce in a bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- Heat up a skillet with the olive oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir fry until the surface turns white, follow by the Sauce. Stirring continuously until the chicken is completely cooked through and the sauce thickens. Add the scallion, stir to mix well.
- Top the zoodles with the chicken, toss to mix well. Garnish with the white sesame and serve immediately.
Discard any liquid seeping out of the zoodles, if any.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 387Total Fat 13.8gSaturated Fat 1.4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 109mgSodium 832mgCarbohydrates 27.5gFiber 1.9gSugar 20gProtein 38.8g