Chicken piccata is an easy and delicious chicken dish. The chicken breasts are first dredged in all-purpose flour, browned on both sides and then cooked in a Piccata sauce.
For this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe, I added heavy whipping cream for a rich sauce that goes well with pasta.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Pasta
What Is Piccata Sauce?
Piccata sauce originated from Italy. It’s a sauce made mostly with lemon juice and butter.
It’s citrusy and tastes best on protein such as chicken and fish, for example: salmon. You can make the sauce creamy by adding heavy whipping cream.
How to Dredge Chicken?
To make the chicken cutlets, first you butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them horizontally into thinner pieces.
Instead of seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper first, I mix both of them in the all-purpose flour. It’s easier!
After that, transfer the chicken breasts to the flour mixture and dredge them thoroughly in the flour, until well coated.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 399 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This recipe is best served with plain spaghetti or linguine. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken breast, sliced horizontal into halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon non-pareil capers in jar (use the capers only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Wash and rinse the chicken breasts with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Slice horizontally. Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a dish. Dredge the chicken generously with the flour.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the olive oil and butter. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side, until both sides turn brown. (You may brown the chicken on a regular skillet or non-stick skillet.)
- Add the garlic and cook a little bit. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice and capers. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully.
- Turn to Saute mode to cook for 1 - 2 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add more salt and lemon juice to suit your taste. Top with the chopped parsley and serve immediately with some plain pasta such as spaghetti or linguine.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.