Instant Pot Chicken
One of easiest things you can use your Instant Pot is cooking chicken, like really tender, moist, juicy, and delicious chicken, such as this Creamy Sun Dried Tomatoes Chicken recipe that takes only 20 minutes. I’ll teach you exactly how to make chicken in an Instant Pot.
This recipe is inspired by my friend Diethood. While you can make this creamy sun-dried tomatoes chicken on the stove top, the Instant Pot version is so much easier and quicker.
All you have to do is saute the chicken thighs in the pot, then add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, sun dried tomatoes, and dinner will be done in a jiffy.
What’s more, the pressure cooked chicken thighs will be falling off the bones, with the creamiest sun dried tomatoes cream sauce that is absolutely mouthwatering.
This recipe is explosively flavorful; it immediately transports you to Italy.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata
How Do You Make Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce?
It’s so easy to make the sauce. My recipe calls for a few simple ingredients:
- Sun dried tomatoes. I love the sun dried tomatoes in Whole Foods Market. You can certainly buy the sun dried tomatoes packed in a jar.
- Heavy whipping cream.
- Chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and ground black pepper.
This Italian-inspired chicken is best served as is, or with plain spaghetti. Cook the pasta to al dente and spoon the chicken and sauce over it and you will have a complete meal.
For a lighter dinner, you can just prepare a simple and healthy side dish such as garlic butter sauteed spinach. Scroll down for “Recipe Pairing Ideas” for my recommendations.
Want a new Instant Pot? Enter to win Instant Pot 6qt Pressure Cooker. Click here or the image below to win!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 185 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes with its oil
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the Saute mode on the Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated, add t1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides are browned. (You may pan fry the chicken thighs on a regular skillet or non-stick skillet on the stove top.)
- Discard the excess chicken fat from the Instant Pot by spooning it out.
- Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic a little bit. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, sun dried tomatoes, thyme and salt. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully. Turn the Saute Mode, add the grated Parmesan cheese and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce the sauce a little bit. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.