Tasty Lemon Butter Chicken
Lemon butter chicken is one of the easiest and complete meal you can make for your family, especially on those busy weeknights.
The recipe is wholesome, with juicy chicken, a creamy sauce, with healthy spinach and tomatoes.
Plus, it’s so easy to make and takes only 20 minutes.
This Lemon Butter Chicken is so delicious and satisfying, it’s something I will make over and over again!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Lemon Butter Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- For the chicken, I used boneless and skinless chicken thighs, but you can use chicken breasts, bone-in chicken thighs.
- First pan-sear and cook the chicken to a nice golden brown and crisp up the surface, then make the creamy sauce.
- The spinach and tomatoes go in last so you don’t overcook them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know if chicken is done cooking?
If the juices that come out of the chicken are slightly pink, it is probably not done yet. The chicken should be firm, rather than rubbery.
How long does it take to cook chicken in a pan?
It should take about 8 to 12 minutes, and the meat should run to 170 degrees F.
How many calories?
This recipe has 581 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served over pasta. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
Lemon Butter Chicken - juicy and moist pan-fried chicken in a super creamy, lemony and cheesy white sauce, with spinach and tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mirin (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper, on both sides. Heat up a skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Pan-sear the chicken thighs until both sides are nicely browned, with crispy edges. Remove fromthe skillet and set aside.
On the same skillet, add the remaining butter and saute the garlic until aromatic. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and bring it to a light simmer. Add the chicken back into the skillet, follow by the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, mirin (if using), and salt. Add the tomatoes, spinach and parsley. As soon as the spinach wilts, turn off heat and serve immediately.
Serve the chicken with plain spaghetti, penne or rotini. Just ladle the chicken and sauce over the pasta.