Cauliflower has become a mainstream vegetable in the past few years.
There are many cauliflower recipes, from roasted cauliflowers, cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower to cauliflower steaks.
Other Dishes You Might Like:
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is packed full of nutrients and offers many health benefits:
- It fights and prevents cancers, for examples: bladder, breast, colon, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- It is loaded with folate which help prevent birth defects.
- It is high in vitamin C, cholesterol free, fat free and low in sodium.
To check out the complete nutrition facts, please check out USDA website.
One of the best cauliflower recipes is roasted cauliflower recipe topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.
It can be roasted whole but I personally love it sliced.
This easy oven roasted cauliflower is adapted from Bon Appetit magazine.
This recipe is so easy to make and takes only 10 minutes prep time.
How to Roast Cauliflower?
Roasting cauliflower is so easy.
First, remove any dirt or debris by rinsing it with water.
Then, pat the head dry with paper toweling and slice the head into thin cauliflower steaks.
Add butter, salt and ground black pepper before roasting in the oven with Parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Slice Cauliflower?
For this recipe, you can slice it into thin pieces to form a nice tree shape.
Cut the stem and just slice the head part of it.
If you want something easier and quicker, you can cut the cauliflower into florets, just like this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.
How Many calories per serving?
This recipe is only 136 calories per serving. It’s very heatlhy!
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Cauliflower is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend serving it alongside any of the following main dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz.. (226 g) cauliflower florets, sliced horizontally
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Toss the sliced cauliflower with the butter and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet, in single layer, roast until almost tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley leaves on top of the cauliflower, roast again until the cheese melts and slightly crusty, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 22mgSodium 257mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 5g