Banana bread is one of those recipes that I have never stopped improving on because I just love it too much.
Even though I have a few banana bread recipes on the site, I am constantly trying out new variations to perfect it.
And I might have found the holy grail with this Rum Banana Bread.
Alcohol makes everything better and there is no exception in baking.
Rum adds just a tint of flavor in this super moist and amazing banana bread, and it lingers in the palate. So good!
My baking assistant Kendoll is an expert and we both agreed that this is the go-to recipe for banana bread from now on.
The end result, as you can see from the pictures above, is moist and absolutely delicious.
I stored the banana bread in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for days and it was still moist.
Try this recipe, with or without rum, I can guarantee that you will love it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 304 calories per serving.
Rum Banana Bread Recipe
Rum Banana Bread - Turn traditional recipe into something even better with rum. This recipe yields the best and super moist banana bread ever.
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F. Mash the bananas using the back of the spoon, until mushy.
- 2Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and, using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine well. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar and beat until blended, beat in the eggs one at a time, then the mashed bananas. Then, with your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, dark rum and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well after each batch. Scrape into a loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1-1 1/4 hours. When it's ready, an inserted toothpick or fine skewer should come out clean. Leave in the tin on a rack to cool, and eat thickly or thinly sliced, as you prefer.