SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI RIBS RECIPE
One of the best teriyaki ribs recipes made in a slow cooker (or Instant Pot) is easy and convenient. Fall-off-the-bone tender ribs cooked through in a homemade sweet and savory teriyaki sauce are utterly delicious and deeply flavorful.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS?
This easy one-pot recipe works the best for busy moms and young professionals. Put all ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do the rest of the work. A delicious meal is ready to serve without all the hassle of preparing it when you get home from work.
It is an all-season recipe that is healthy and insanely delicious at any time. The juicy, tender ribs go well with noodles or steamed rice. Enjoy it with extra sauce drizzled on top to jazz up the flavor.
This recipe also makes a mouthwatering staple that is perfect for parties or big events. Find pre-made Chinese steamed buns from Asian markets and easily warm and fill them with shredded slow cooker teriyaki ribs in the center like a sandwich.
Tangy, sweet and savory teriyaki sauce calls for three ingredients only: soy sauce, mirin, and sugar.
For soy sauce, I recommend using a Japanese brand of reduced-sodium soy sauce, Kikkoman. Mirin is Japanese sweet rice wine. If you are gluten-free, you can use tamari sauce or coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
Other ingredients for slow cooker teriyaki ribs are:
- One rack of baby back ribs
- Ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Roasted white sesame seed for garnish
- Slaw for serving
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI RIBS?
The best tender and flavourful teriyaki ribs recipe can be simply prepared in three steps:
- First, make a delicious teriyaki sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Second, place the ribs in a slow cooker, season and add teriyaki sauce. Cover and cook.
- Finally, finish the dish with teriyaki and Balsamic vinegar sauce on top. Serve immediately with slaw!
For the best result, please follow these tips:
- Take five minutes to make a decent teriyaki sauce before starting the whole cooking process. You can also use a store-bought teriyaki sauce; however, the homemade is always better.
- This recipe works perfectly by using either a slow cooker or an Instant Pot. For a slow cooker, cook for 4 hours (high temperature) to get fall-off-the-bone tender ribs. While using an Instant Pot, it takes 30 minutes to get the same result.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Cooking ribs with a slow cooker is a matter of time and temperature. I recommend cooking the ribs on LOW for 9 hours or HIGH for 4 hours to get the best texture.
Keep them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. To reheat, microwave the ribs for 30 seconds before serving.
You can also wrap the leftover ribs with plastic wrap, seal them in an airtight plastic bag, and freeze them for up to 2 months.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This recipe has 381 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs
Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs cook to perfection with homemade sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. It's incredibly delicious and is a hearty meal for the family with only a few everyday ingredients.
- 1 rack baby ribs about 2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon roasted white sesame seeds garnish on top
- 1 cup slaw for serving
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin Japanese sweet seasoning
- 1/4 cup sugar
Prepare teriyaki sauce by mixing soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a cup. Pour the mixture into a saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring the sauce until the sugar has dissolved. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Cut ribs apart and place them in an Instant Pot (or a slow cooker). Evenly sprinkle ground black pepper on top and add 2/3 of the teriyaki sauce. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes in an Instant Pot or 4 hours on high in a slow cooker.
Simmer the remaining teriyaki sauce with Balsamic vinegar and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn off the heat and transfer to a dish.
Brush sauce on cooked ribs and garnish with white sesame seeds before serving.
Serve slow cooker teriyaki ribs with slaw, green salad, or steamed rice.
Recipe source: The Goodhousekeeping Test Kitchen
Mate Mate SG
I feel delighted after tasting this recipe and all thanks to you.
Will try this recipe soon. Could I not boil the ribs to soften them and then slow cook them for 2 hours instead of 4?