Easy, sweet and sticky Korean Fried Chicken recipe that takes only 3 key ingredients: chicken, soy sauce, and sugar. Recipe by Damn Delicious.
Great food blogs are meant to be discovered and shared.
I met the young and very talented Chung-Ah from Damn Delicious at an event in Los Angeles and fell immediately in love with her work.
Hop over to Damn Delicious and you will know what I mean.
How can you not love a talented home cook who can bake and also cook (check out her recipe index) very well, plus her food photography are simply mouthwatering and irresistible!
Today, she is sharing a very popular Korean recipe with us: sweet and sticky Korean fried chicken wings.
Please welcome her to Rasa Malaysia and don’t forget to bookmark her site.
Hi everyone – it’s Chung-Ah from Damn Delicious! I am so incredibly thrilled to be here guest posting for Bee today.
I had the amazing opportunity to meet her at a Glam event a couple months back and in all honesty, I was kind of nervous to be around her.
After all, she’s a foodie celebrity!
But once we started talking, I immediately loved her.
She’s incredibly sweet and so down-to-earth, and she comes up with the best recipes!
So when Bee asked me to guest post, I knew I just had to share one of my all-time favorite Korean recipes.
It’s actually the boyfriend’s mom’s recipe, one that she’s been making for the past 20 years.
And with just 3 ingredients of chicken wings, soy sauce and sugar, these chicken wings will rock your socks off.
These babies are double-fried to the most crunchy, crisp texture and then slathered in a reduced soy sauce glaze, leaving these wings to be so incredibly sticky and sweet.
I highly recommend doubling the batch for these wings because once you take a bite into the sticky goodness, you won’t be able to stop!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 431 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 pounds (1 kg) chicken wings
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat to 350°F (176°C).
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add the chicken wings to the Dutch oven, 5 or 6 at a time, and fry until light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase oil temperature to 400°F(204°C). Add the chicken wings to the Dutch oven again and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat soy sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve wings immediately, tossed with soy sauce glaze.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 14gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1709mgCarbohydrates 14gSugar 12gProtein 25g