I love zucchini and I have wanted to make zucchini fritters for a while.
I am glad that I finally did as they are so delicious and crispy.
Every bite reveals the perfectly cooked zucchini strips which still retain a nice crunch, and the Thai sweet chili sauce completes the flavor.
My zucchini fritters recipe is different from others.
Firstly, I do not recommend grating the zucchini because grating kills the perfect and crunchy texture of the zucchini, rending them into a mushy, watery mess.
Secondly, there is no need to squeeze the water contents out of the zucchini because that’s the best part of zucchini.
Thirdly, my zucchini fritters come in different shapes and forms, unlike the flattened versions.
Everyone of them is different but they are puffy and crunchy.
All in all though, I absolutely enjoy these fritters.
They are so easy to make and the end results are absolutely delightful and mouthwatering.
They are great as an appetizer.
Trust me, pick up some zucchinis before summer is over and try my recipe.
You will thank me for them!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 121 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Zucchini Fritters - the easiest and most delicious zucchini fritters recipe you'll find online. Crispy and loaded with zucchini, so good.
- oil, for frying
- 8 oz zucchini, cut into matchstick strips
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1Trim the top part of the zucchini and cut the zucchini into matchstick strips. Do not grate the zucchini as your fritters will not be crispy and have a great texture.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Mix the zucchini, flour, egg, milk, cheese, baking powder, salt and pepper in a big bowl. Stir to combine well. The mixture should barely bind together and not wet or watery.
- 4Using a spoon, scoop up the zucchini mixture and drop it gently into the hot oil. Fry in batches until both sides turn golden brown and the inside is cooked through. Remove from oil with a strainer and transfer the fritters on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with Thai sweet chili sauce.