Beef and Broccoli
Broccoli Beef Recipe
Serves 4 as part of multicourse meal
Source: Easy Chinese Recipes by Bee Yinn Low
8 oz (250 g) beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces
6 oz (175 g) broccoli florets
Water, for boiling
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
2-in (5 cm) ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine or sherry
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
3 dashes white pepper
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
4 tablespoons water
- Marinate the beef with all the ingredients for the Marinade, about 15 minutes.
- Bring the water to boil and add a few drops of oil. Blanch the broccoli florets in the hot water, about 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli immediately with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until 70% cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic. Transfer the beef into the wok or skillet and stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli and then the Sauce, stir to combine the ingredients well.
- As soon as the Sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!