Chicken Curry RecipeAugust 25th, 2008Malaysian Food, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes, Nyonya Recipes, Recipes65 Comments
Chicken Curry Recipe
1 1/2 lb boneless chicken thigh and/or breast (cut into small cubes/pieces)
2 lemon grass (cut into 4-inch lengths, use only the white part, pounded)
6-8 pieces kaffir lime leaves
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt to taste
1 1/2 inch galangal
1/2 lb fresh red chili (seeded and sliced)
5 shallots (sliced)
1 inch ginger
6 candlenuts (soaked in warm water)
1/2 inch fresh turmeric
1/4 teaspoon belacan (fermented shrimp paste)
- Blend all spice paste ingredients to a very fine paste.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a work and stir-fry paste until aromatic or a thin layer of oil rises to the top.
- Add chicken and continue stirring until it’s almost cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for another 15-20 minutes, over low heat.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot.