This recipe is contributed by Baked by Joanna.
Crock pot recipes are quite simply the best. Preparing and cooking food with ease, a person has no excuse not to make home cooked meals when a crock pot is nearby.
Today, we focus specifically on pulled pork with an Asian touch. I created this honey sesame pulled pork recipe, so it can be made without much effort.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Honey Sesame Pulled Pork is sweet and savory. The brown sugar and honey is perfectly offset by the addition of delicious salty soy sauce.
I use Maggi soy sauce because it is a bit more concentrated, which means I need to use less to achieve a deep soy sauce flavor. You can find a bottle of this sauce in the international food aisle and it will be labeled as Maggi Seasoning. I highly recommend it and admit it’s a staple in my kitchen.
If you have another brand of soy sauce available, it’s likely that it is a touch diluted in comparison to this brand. Make sure to add a bit more soy sauce in this case, so your pulled pork is flavorful following hours of cooking.
Either way, this pulled pork is fool proof and tastes wonderful against wholesome grains of jasmine rice.
To prep, simply add all the ingredients in the recipe in your crock pot or slow cooker, and a few hours later, magic happens and dinner is ready for the entire family.
Who knew that cooking (delicious and healthy food!) can be so easy and no fuss! For other crock pot recipes, please also check out honey teriyaki chicken and Asian beef stew.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 336 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Pulled Pork
- 2 1/2 pounds pork roast, diced into 6 pieces
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed with the side of a knife and peeled)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 Thai chili peppers (sliced)
- In a crock pot, add the pork roast, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and sesame seeds; stir until the pork is coated with the other ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- In a pot, add the reserved juices from the crock pot and whisk in the corn starch. Cook on medium-high heat until the sauce thickens. Stir in the chili peppers and shredded pork.
- Serve the pork over steamed white rice.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
What do you mean by pork roast? What cut do you mean? Shoulder??
Most people use shoulder/blade cut, but there are a few options such as butts or sirloin. Up to you, but I used the blade roast.