In recent years, especially after I have little G, I have shopped for mostly organic products. I am definitely more aware of eating healthy and being environmentally conscious these days.
As Earth Day is just around the corner (April 22), I wanted to inspire you with the message that “every cart counts” when you shop. Build a better cart and make small changes to your shopping habit and make positive impacts to the environment and your family’s diets.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Sauteed Yellow Squash
- Honey Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash
I am certainly making better choices in what I put in my shopping cart these days. I wanted little G and our family to eat healthier, but I also want to understand where things come from to help sustain our green environment.
That’s the reason why I picked up two packets of Earthbound Farm Organic Butternut Squash from Albertsons at Cypress Village to make this amazing honey balsamic butternut squash, my favorite side dish.
I love butternut squash but I find it daunting to buy it whole and cut it up. I am sure you know what I mean if you are a fan of butternut squash.
It’s really quite hard to slice it open, peel the skin, clean and then cut the squash into bite-sized pieces. Earthbound Farm provides the simple and healthy solution for me. Earthbound Farm was founded over 30 years ago on a backyard garden in Carmel Valley with a commitment to farm organically.
Currently it has almost 50,000 acres of certified organic farmland; sustainably farming and keeping synthetic chemicals out of the environment. I feel like a good planet earth citizen when I have their products in my shopping cart.
To celebrate Earth Day, I urge you to shop at your local stores such as Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Shaws, Acme, Jewel-Osco, United, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Carrs, etc.
Add Earthbound Farm, Silk, So Delicious, International Delight/Simply Pure, Vega and Horizon products in your shopping cart. All these products are environmentally friendly, organic and healthy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 114 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 packs (20 oz./600 g) earthbound farm frozen butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Thaw the frozen butternut squash at room temperate. Drain the water that seeps out from the butternut squash, set aside.
- Whisk the butter, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt until well combined. Toss the butternut squash with the honey balsamic mixture. Transfer the butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, in a single layer. Roast for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
If you use fresh and raw butternut squash, roast it for about 40-45 minutes until they become tender and cooked.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 20mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 12gSugar 12g