In recent years, especially after I have little G, I have shopped for mostly organic products. I am definitely more aware of eating healthy and being environmentally conscious these days.
As Earth Day is just around the corner (April 22), I wanted to inspire you with the message that “every cart counts” when you shop. Build a better cart and make small changes to your shopping habit and make positive impacts to the environment and your family’s diets.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Sauteed Yellow Squash
- Honey Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash
I am certainly making better choices in what I put in my shopping cart these days. I wanted little G and our family to eat healthier, but I also want to understand where things come from to help sustain our green environment.
That’s the reason why I picked up two packets of Earthbound Farm Organic Butternut Squash from Albertsons at Cypress Village to make this amazing honey balsamic butternut squash, my favorite side dish.
I love butternut squash but I find it daunting to buy it whole and cut it up. I am sure you know what I mean if you are a fan of butternut squash.
It’s really quite hard to slice it open, peel the skin, clean and then cut the squash into bite-sized pieces. Earthbound Farm provides the simple and healthy solution for me. Earthbound Farm was founded over 30 years ago on a backyard garden in Carmel Valley with a commitment to farm organically.
Currently it has almost 50,000 acres of certified organic farmland; sustainably farming and keeping synthetic chemicals out of the environment. I feel like a good planet earth citizen when I have their products in my shopping cart.
To celebrate Earth Day, I urge you to shop at your local stores such as Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Shaws, Acme, Jewel-Osco, United, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Carrs, etc.
Add Earthbound Farm, Silk, So Delicious, International Delight/Simply Pure, Vega and Horizon products in your shopping cart. All these products are environmentally friendly, organic and healthy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 114 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 packs (20 oz./600 g) earthbound farm frozen butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Thaw the frozen butternut squash at room temperate. Drain the water that seeps out from the butternut squash, set aside.
- Whisk the butter, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt until well combined. Toss the butternut squash with the honey balsamic mixture. Transfer the butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, in a single layer. Roast for 12-15 minutes. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
If you use fresh and raw butternut squash, roast it for about 40-45 minutes until they become tender and cooked.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 20mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 12gSugar 12g