The Best Cabbage Recipes
Cabbage is one of the most delicious but underrated vegetables. It’s healthy, with a wonderful sweet taste, crisp texture and can be sauteed, stir-fried, made into soups, served as salads, in stews and so much more! I love cabbage.
One of the easiest ways to cook cabbage is to saute it and the Asian way of stir-frying cabbage produces amazing and mouthwatering results. This is one of the best cabbage recipes.
Best of all, cabbage goes well with everything! No matter what protein you cook up, rest assured that this cabbage recipe will be a delicious pairing.
Other Vegetable Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Sauteed Cabbage
You will need a few basic ingredients plus a seasoning sauce to have the best cabbage recipe:
- Fresh cabbage.
- Minced garlic.
- Oyster sauce. This secret ingredient is amazing; I use it lot in my kitchen. It adds umami flavors and complements the natural sweetness of the cabbage by adding a savory nuance.
- Shrimp (optional)
This amazing sauteed cabbage will have everyone in love, including the pickiest eaters! Try my recipe and you will know what I mean.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do You Cook Cabbage For?
Shredded cabbage can cook for about 5 minutes. Finished cabbage should become tender.
Is Cabbage Good for Your Stomach?
Yes, cabbage is good for stomach pain and ulcers as well as acid reflux.
How Many Calories?
This sauteed cabbage recipe has 122 calories per serving.
Serve Sauteed Cabbage With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes to pair with this side.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. cabbage (core removed and cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 heaping tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- Trim off the bottom part of the cabbage. Remove the core. Cut the cabbage into chunky pieces.
- Add the cooking oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute until they sizzle. Add the shrimp, stir fry with the garlic. Add the cabbage into the skillet, stir to mix well with the shrimp and garlic.
- Add the oyster sauce and water. Stir and cook until the cabbage wilts, softens and cooks through. Add salt to taste. Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.