This time of year, I love camping in the national parks of California. There is just something about camping outdoor when the leaves start to fall and the weather has cooled down.
I love setting up campfire, cooking on a portable stove, having hot chocolate, and just soak in the great outdoor and nature.
Other Recipes You Might Like
When it comes to camping food, I always go for convenient and great tasting foods. For that, my choice is Johnsonville Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Cheese.
What I love most about Johnsonville is that the smoked sausages are fully cooked, absolutely delicious and I can easily create a complete meal with just a few simple ingredients, such as this skillet sausage and potatoes recipe!
What’s more, these mouthwatering sausages ooze creamy cheddar cheese with every single bite.
They are so good that even my 5-year old picky eater loves them, and that makes Johnsonville smoked sausages a family-friendly food for a camping trip as both kids and grown-ups enjoy them.
For your next weekend camping trip, toss away cup noodles and instant ramen, pack your cooler with Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked and Smoked sausages. Pack some vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and you get a complete meal.
You don’t even need to bring spices as the smoked sausages are well-seasoned and tasty. Click here for more information and happy camping!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 361 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz (170g) baby potatoes, halved
- 4 oz (115g) baby carrots
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 pack Johnsonville Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Cheese, cut into short strips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (optional)
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and carrots, cook for 5 minutes, turning the potatoes and carrots over occasionally. Add the red onion, stir to combine well with the potatoes and carrots. Add the sausages and cook for 1-2 minutes. Top with some shredded cheddar cheese (if using), serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 28.8gSaturated Fat 8.2gCholesterol 58mgSodium 296mgCarbohydrates 16.9gFiber 4.2gSugar 5.2gProtein 10.8g