Chicken Thigh Recipes
One of the easiest method to cook chicken thighs is using the oven.
Chicken thighs always turn out extremely juicy, tender and delicious after roasting and baking them the oven.
Bake chicken thighs is also one of the easiest chicken thigh recipes, with short active prep time of just 10 minutes.
All you have to do is add the seasoning and marinade to the the chicken thighs, for example: these tender and juicy brown sugar and garlic chicken thighs.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Thighs
This easy recipe calls for the following simple ingredients:
- Bone-in chicken thighs with skin on
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
Cook’s Tips for Chicken Thigh Recipes
- You can use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or bone-in chicken thighs. Personally, I prefer bone-in thighs. After baking the chicken thighs in oven at high temperature, the skin crisps up to golden brown color and becomes crispy.
- If you use skin on thighs, the skin adds grease to the chicken so you don’t need butter or oil in the recipe.The chicken meat will also be tender and juicy.
- Score the bottom of the thighs a few times. This will make more flavorful with the marinade.
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs?
Bake thighs takes about 35-40 minutes in the oven, at 425° Fahrenheit (220° Celcius). The total time depends on the size of the bone-in chicken thighs.
The skin will turn crispy and brown and the internal temperature of cooked chicken thighs is 165° Fahrenheit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need to Bake the Chicken with Foil?
This recipe produces juicy and tender chicken thighs so you don’t need to use foil. Plus, you want crispy skin so do not wrap or cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
Can I Use Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts?
Chicken breasts are great for this recipe, especially if they are boneless and skinless.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This baked chicken thighs recipe is only 388 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Baked thighs are great with rice and vegetables. I love serving them with cilantro lime rice and a healthy vegetable dish.
For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
How to Bake Chicken Thighs
Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Baked chicken thighs with crispy skin, brown sugar, garlic and cayenne pepper. Moist, juicy and tender chicken thighs recipe that takes 5 mins prep time!
- 1 1/2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs (5 small thighs or 4 big thighs)
- 4 garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 425F.
Score the bottom part of the chicken thighs with a few slits. Rub the bottom part of the chicken and the skin with the garlic, leave them on (the garlic should get inside the slits and flavor the chicken thighs). Add brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, stir to mix well.
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the skin turns crispy and brown. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.