Chicken Thigh Recipes
One of the best ways to cook chicken thighs is using the oven.
Chicken thighs always turn out extremely juicy, tender and moist after roasting and baking them the oven.
Bake chicken thighs recipe is also one of the easiest chicken thigh recipes, with short active prep time of just 10 minutes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Recipe for Baked Chicken Thighs
This baked chicken thighs recipe is the fastest and best recipe you will find online!
First, add the seasoning of brown sugar, cayenne pepper and garlic as marinade to the the chicken thighs.
Next, bake thighs in the oven for 35 minutes or until the skin turns crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately after removing from oven.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Thighs
This recipe for chicken thighs calls for the following simple ingredients:
- Bone-in chicken thighs with skin on
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
Cook’s Tips for Chicken Thigh Recipes
- You can use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or bone-in chicken thighs. Personally, I prefer bone-in thighs. After baking the chicken thighs in oven at high temperature, the skin crisps up to golden brown color and becomes crispy.
- If you use skin on thighs, the skin adds grease to the chicken so you don’t need butter or oil in the recipe.The chicken meat will also be tender and juicy.
- Score the bottom of the thighs a few times. This will make more flavorful with the marinade.
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs?
Bake thighs takes about 35-40 minutes in the oven, at 425° Fahrenheit (220° Celcius).
The total time depends on the size of the bone-in chicken thighs.
The skin will turn crispy and brown and the internal temperature of cooked chicken thighs is 165° Fahrenheit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need to Bake the Chicken with Foil?
This recipe produces juicy and tender chicken thighs so you don’t need to use foil.
Plus, you want crispy skin so do not wrap or cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
Can I Use Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts?
Chicken breasts are great for this recipe, especially if they are boneless and skinless.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This baked chicken thighs recipe is only 388 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
This recipe is great with rice and vegetables. I love serving them with cilantro lime rice and a healthy vegetable dish.
For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How to Bake Chicken Thighs?
Please refer to the recipe card below for the detailed step-by-step method.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Baked Chicken Thighs (Extra Juicy!)
- 1 1/2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs (5 small thighs or 4 big thighs)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Score the bottom part of the chicken thighs with a few slits. Rub the bottom part of the chicken and the skin with the garlic, leave them on (the garlic should get inside the slits and flavor the chicken thighs). Add brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, stir to mix well.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the skin turns crispy and brown. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Followed the exact recipe and it came out amazing. This recipe is a keeper.
This chicken is super simple to make and delicious! favorite baked chicken hands down
I love chicken thigh recipes, especially baked chicken thighs.
Thank you for sharing.
What should i do to ensure the chicken is juicy but the skin crispy?