I love chicken wings, they are the best part of a chicken.
Chicken wings consist of three parts: drumette, wingette and the tip. I love every part of it.
To learn all about wings, check out the article on The Guide on Chicken Wings.
Other Chicken Wing Recipes You Might Like
Chicken Wings Recipe
Baked chicken wings are my favorite. This is the best chicken wings recipe! It takes takes 5 minutes active time and 5 ingredients in the oven.
The wings are healthy and so easy to make they are great for busy weeknight dinner.
My recipe calls for only 5 ingredients.
- Drummettes and wingettes.
- A.1. Sauce (steak sauce) – Original. This sauce works great on poultry!
- Cayenne pepper.
How to Bake Chicken Wings
First, marinate the chicken with the marinade ingredients. It takes only 5 minutes prep time.
Next, line the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It’s important that you arrange the wings in single layer so they cook evenly.
Bake in the oven at 400F for 30 minutes.
Chicken Wings Baking Tips
What’s the best temperature to bake chicken wings?
Do you always wonder how long to bake chicken wings in the oven and at what temperature?
For the best, tender, and juiciest wings in oven, here are my cooking and baking tips:
- Bake chicken wings at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (400F) or 200 degrees Celsius (200C) for 30 minutes, or bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (425F) or 220 degrees Celsius (220C) for 25 minutes.
- The best temperature is 400F as the oven heat is high enough to make the chicken skin crispy while retain the juice inside the chicken. The end result is golden crispy skin with tender, juicy and moist meat inside.
- If the temperature is higher than 425F, the wings will become tough and overly crispy. The meat will be completely dry, chewy and rubbery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Line Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil?
Parchment paper is a preferred choice as the chicken won’t stick to it.
If you use aluminum foil, make sure to grease the surface with some cooking spray or the chicken might be sticking to it.
Can I Bake Whole Chicken Wings?
Sure, you can definitely bake whole chicken wings using this recipe.
There is no need to adjust the recipe, temperature or baking time.
Dipping Sauce for Baked Wings
Depending on what you like, these chicken wings are great with a variety of dipping sauces. Here are my favorites:
- Barbecue sauce adds a smoky all-American flavor.
- Ranch dressing adds rich and creamy flavors.
- Sriracha mayonnaise adds heat and tangy flavors.
Baked Chicken Wings Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 325 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Serving Size 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 325Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 94mgSodium 643mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 23g