What Is Souvlaki?
Souvlaki is a popular Greek food that consists of small pieces of meat and sometimes veggies on a skewer. Chicken Souvlaki is one of my favorite Greek foods ever; the reason is very simple: I just love chicken skewer on a stick, grilled to perfection, moist, juicy and flavorful!
Every skewer is perfectly charred.
They are absolutely tantalizing and mouthwatering.
Ingredients for Souvlaki Recipe
It’s so incredibly easy to make this recipe with these simple ingredients:
- Skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Greek yogurt
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference between Gyro and Souvlaki?
Gyro is meat, onion, tomato and tzatziki sauce on pita bread, while souvlaki is more of a skewer.
What Type of Meat Is Souvlaki?
Souvlaki can be made from all kinds of meat, such as pork, chicken, beef, and lamb.
How Many Calories?
This recipe is 385 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with ranch or tzatziki sauce. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for grilling
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 dashed ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for one hour.
- Cut the chicken into 16 equal-sized cubes, pat dry and marinate with the Marinade ingredients for 30 minutes.
- Thread 4 pieces of the chicken meat onto a skewer. Repeat the same and make four skewers. Set aside.
- Fire up your outdoor grill (or indoor grill) and grill the chicken until cooked. While grilling, brush the chicken with olive oil. Serve hot with ranch dressing.
Click for Conversion Tool.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 21.2gSaturated Fat 2.8gCholesterol 112mgSodium 502mgCarbohydrates 7.9gFiber 0.2gSugar 6.3gProtein 39.3g