Other Recipes You Might Like
June is California Avocado Month and I am so excited to be working with the California Avocado Commission on this Curry-Flavored Baked Avocado Wedges recipe.
June is the peak season for California avocados and there is no better time to enjoy the fruit.
When you have perfect avocados, you don’t need a complicated recipe. This Asian-inspired recipe calls for only five ingredients.
The curry powder adds a new dimension and taste structure to the avocado, and turn the fruit into a crowd-pleaser appetizer that you can serve the entire summer.
As avocado is creamy and soft in texture, I used Japanese panko (bread crumbs) and sweet coconut flakes to coat the flesh.
After baking, they become extremely crispy.
Every bite is crunchy, creamy, with the aromatic nuance from the curry powder.
Serve the avocado wedges with your favorite ranch dipping sauce and you have the perfect finger food.
The sweetest thing of all is the simplicity of this recipe as it takes about 20 minutes to make them.
If you come across California Avocado in your farmers market or grocery stores, remember to pick them up and try my recipe.
Disclaimer: this post is sponsored by California Avocado Commission. The opinions and texts are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 462 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 California Avocados
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Japanese panko
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Ranch dipping sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Slice each halves into 5 wedges and peel off the skin.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat the eggs. In another bowl, combine the Japanese panko, coconut flakes and curry powder together. Stir to combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using one hand, dip each avocado wedge into the eggs and then into the panko mixture. Coat well and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat the same for the rest of the avocado wedges.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Serve immediately with the Ranch dipping sauce.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 462Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 81mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 15gSugar 6gProtein 9g