What Is Matcha?
Matcha is finely ground powder of green tea leaves, a common ingredient in Asia countries, especially in Japan.
I love the subtle nuance of Matcha, the gorgeous jade color powder. It’s smooth as talcum and lends earthy aroma and flavor to cakes, desserts, cold iced drinks such as Matcha Latte, Matcha ice cream, and matcha cookies, etc.
Matcha Pound Cake
This Matcha green tea pound cake recipe is so easy to make and fail-proof.
This homemade recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Cake flour
- Matcha powder
- Baking powder
- White chocolate
How to Make Moist Matcha Pound Cake?
It’s very easy to bake this amazing cake. First, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy before adding the eggs.
Next, stir in the sifted cake flour, baking powder and Matcha powder.
The last step is to add melted white chocolate to the batter before baking. It’s that easy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 615 calories per loaf.
What to Serve with This Cake?
Serve the cake with coffee or tea. For an Asian-style afternoon tea, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 90 g (2/3 cup / 3 oz.) cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Matcha powder
- 100 g (3.5 oz. / 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 100 g (3/4 cup / 3.5 oz.) powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30 g (1/4 cup / 1 oz.) white chocolate, melted and keep lukewarm
- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F). Grease and line 1 regular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and Matcha powder together, sift and set aside.
- Cream the butter with half of the sugar until the butter mixture turns light and pale in color. Add the the remaining sugar and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg slowly, beat until fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour in batches until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the warm melted white chocolate. Fold gently to combine well.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, dust with some powdered sugar, sliced and serve warm.
Double the ingredients to make a bigger cake.
Keep the melted white chocolate lukewarm for easy blending.
Cover the top of the cake with aluminum foil if the cake browns too quickly.
Recipe Contributer: CP Choong.
Serving Size1 loaf
Amount Per Serving Calories 615Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 12gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 167mgSodium 408mgCarbohydrates 99gFiber 3gSugar 58gProtein 18g