Shrimp Pasta Recipe
I have different shrimp pasta recipes but this recipe is my absolute favorite because it’s made with a beer sauce!
If you don’t like beer, you can use dry white wine. If you can’t have alcohol in your food, you may use chicken broth for this recipe.
Shrimp and Pasta
Shrimp and pasta are perfect together when it comes to making quick and easy meal for weeknight dinner.
I love shrimp. It’s a healthy seafood and lends the most amazing flavors to a simple pasta dish.
Shrimp is not too expensive and you can get frozen shrimp in a bag for as low as $6.99 at Target. For pasta, I love using spaghetti.
You can also use angel hair pasta, linguine or fettuccine. Other than that, penne and fussili are great, too.
How to Make Shrimp Pasta?
Homemade pasta is so tasty and healthy. To make this easy recipe with spicy and red sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- Shelled and deveined shrimp. You can have tail-on or tail-off shrimp.
- Garlic is great for shrimp.
- Your favorite pasta.
- Beer. You can also use dry white wine.
- Spices such homemade dry rub.
First, make the spicy shrimp in red sauce. Next, just add pasta and mix well with the shrimp and dinner is ready for the entire family.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 492 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) spaghetti
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) peeled and deveiled shrimp, tail-on preferred
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade dry rub (or 1 tablespoon smoked paprika)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup beer or white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, rinse the shrimp with cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels and season with homemade dry rub. Heat up a skillet on high heat, add the olive oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic but not browned, add tomatoes and shrimp. Stir to combine well. As soon as the color of the shrimp turns opaque, add the beer or white wine. Bring the beer to a quick boil and when the shrimp is cooked through, turn off the heat and add the parsley.
- Add in the spaghetti, stir to combine well with the shrimp and the red sauce. Serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 143mgSodium 654mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 27g