Even though Memorial Day weekend is over, that doesn’t mean that you’re done with summer grilling and BBQ’s. In fact, the BBQ and grilling season has just started and there are a few months of summer fun waiting for you.
I have always wanted to add skirt steak to my recipe collection, and I am so glad that Martha Stewart Living June issue comes with a wonderful skirt steak and corn with chimichurri.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Chimichurri is originally from Argentina, the steak capital of South America. It’s a green sauce made of chopped parsley, cilantro, garlic, oil, etc.
When it comes to grilling, a wee bit of chimichurri makes a whole world of difference to plain grilled steak. It adds a lot of flavors to the steak.
The sweet thing about this skirt steak recipe is that you can make the Chimichurri sauce a day ahead, store in a jar and then in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to grill the steak, just leave the sauce out on room temperature and once the steak is done, just serve it with a big dollop of the sauce.
This skirt steak recipe is a keeper, have a wonderful summer!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 529 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/4 lbs. skirt steak, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 corns (cut into quarters)
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves and stems (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill for direct heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until the meat is medium rare. Transfer to the cutting board, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill the corns, for about 6-7 minutes until the corn blistered in spots, and become crisp-tender.
- Stir together the herbs, garlic, oil, vinegar in a bowl. Season chimichurri with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak against the grain, serve with corn and the chimichurri sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.