The Best Sichuan Cold Noodles
Sichuan food is famous for its spicy and numbing flavors and I am addicted to it.
Eating Sichuan food is really the best gastronomic experience ever. Imagine that fiery hot taste and having tingly lips when you eat it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Cold Sichuan Spicy Noodles
This ingredient is made with these ingredients. You don’t need protein in the noodles as it’s absolutely flavorful and addictive.
- Lo mein
- Ground peanuts
- Dried chili flakes
- Sichuan peppercorn
- Chinese black vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference between Sichuan Cold Spicy Noodles and Dan Dan Noodles?
The difference is that these noodles are served cold. Additionally, dan dan noodles are usually made with the addition of sesame or peanut sauce and the addition of ground meat.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 461 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 8 oz. dry noodles, Lo Mein
- 2 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 1 stalk scallion (cut into small rounds)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon sichuan peppercorn
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles per the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Prepare the chili oil by heating up a small pot on high heat. Add the oil and heat up the oil until it becomes very hot. Turn off the heat and add the red chili flakes and Sichuan peppercorns into the oil.
- Cover the pot with its lid immediately as the oil will splatter. Wait for 5 minutes before removing the lid. Filter the chili oil using a strainer. Discard the residue and just use the oil.
- Prepare the Sauce by combining the Chili Oil and all the ingredients in the Sauce together. Whisk it to mix well.
- Toss the noodles with the Sauce. Add the ground peanuts, scallion, stir to mix well. Serve cold.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.