Claypot Chicken Rice Recipe (without Claypot)July 17th, 2007Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes69 Comments
Recipe: Claypot Chicken Rice without Claypot
2 cups rice
1 skinless chicken breast & 2 chicken drumsticks
1 stalk scallion (chopped)
3 inches ginger (peel the skin and chop into thin strips)
6 shitake mushrooms (soak in hot water for 30 minutes and cut into halves)
1 small piece salted fish (cut into small pieces)
2 Chinese sausage (sliced) – optional
Seasoning for chicken:
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon chicken boullion powder
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
5 dashes white pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine (or rice wine)
Seasoning for rice:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 pinch of salt
- Chop the chicken breast and chicken drumsticks into pieces.
- Add the chicken seasoning and mix well. Marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Rinse and clean the rice in a rice cooker as if you are making steamed rice after the chicken is marinated for an hour.
- Add the rice seasoning and cooking oil into the rice and start cooking the rice.
- At the same time, heat up a wok with some cooking oil. Add in the chicken and shitake mushrooms.
- Quickly stir-fry the chicken until half-cooked. Add in the chopped scallions. Dish out and set aside.
- Deep fry the salted fish and set aside.
- Add the chicken into the rice cooker when the rice is almost dry (about 7-8 minutes) and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked.
- Leave the rice cooker on “Stay Warm” for 15 – 20 mintues before serving.
- Top the chicken rice with fried salted fish and serve immediately.