The Best Shrimp Pasta
This creamy shrimp pasta has the perfect amount of garlic, lemon, butter, and cream to make a rich and delicious meal for your dinner.
I am a sucker for all kinds of pasta with shrimp.
If you think that this amazing looking pasta takes forever to cook, you’re wrong. Cook your pasta first, and while you are waiting, prepare the ingredients.
Heat up a skillet when you are ready and everything get done in the skillet. All it takes is 20 minutes. On busy nights, nothing beats a hearty and satisfying meal like this. Try this and you will thank me!
Ingredients for Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Heavy whipping cream
- White wine
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can You Keep Cooked Shrimp in the Fridge before It Goes Bad?
Shrimp lasts in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
How Do You Not Overcook Shrimp?
To not overcook shrimp, remove them from the heat right when the meat is the same color pink all around (no brown/grey). Perfectly cooked shrimp will be in a loose C shape while tight C shapes usually indicate overcooked shrimp.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 536 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 oz. (170 g) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (226 g) jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-on
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package instruction until al dente. Drain and save 1 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the oil. Saute the garlic and add the shrimp. Cook until the surface turns opaque, add the pasta water, cream, white wine and bring it to a simmer. Add the butter, salt, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. As soon as the shrimp is cooked through, add the spinach, stir to combine well.
- Toss in the spaghetti, stir to mix well with the cream sauce. Turn off heat, top with the parsley and serve the pasta immediately with some lemon wedges.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 536Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 342mgSodium 1562mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 36g