Honey Lime Chicken
This honey lime chicken is inspired by a recipe on Eating Well, but I simplified the recipe to make it easier for you. The recipe takes only 20 minutes to make!
Moist, Juicy and Tender Chicken
This honey lime chicken recipe turned out to be a perfect 10. It’s absolutely moist, juicy, tender and utterly delicious. The honey, lime, soy sauce and garlic marinade do wonders to the chicken.
The end result is sticky sweet, savory and citrusy chicken that you will be begging for more.
Bone-in Chicken Vs. Boneless Chicken
As usual, my favorite is boneless chicken thigh (check out how to debone chicken thighs video).
You have the glossy, lacquered, perfectly charred and baked chicken skin, with the meat bursting with the chicken juice. You can also make the chicken with bone-in chicken thighs.
Whichever part of chicken you use, you can make this dish all year long: bake in the oven, outdoor on the grill, or just cook on skillet or cast-iron pan.
Skillet or Oven-baked?
This recipe is absolutely versatile; you can choose to bake the chicken in the oven, or you can just cook it on the stove-top. I personally love oven-baked because I love crispy and charred skin, like the pictures here.
However, skillet is an easy way to cook and you don’t want to wait that long to savor this delicious chicken.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 360 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, deboned, skin-on
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 big pinch salt
- chopped parsley
- lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- To debone the chicken thighs but keep the skin on, please refer to the step-by-step instructions. The skin makes this recipe extremely delicious.
- Rub the minced garlic on the chicken thighs with your hands. Add honey, soy sauce, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt to the chicken. (Double the marinade if you want it to be more "saucy"). Stir to combine well. Transfer the chicken and the honey mixture to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until cooked. If the sauce pools at the bottom of the foil, spoon and brush the sauce over the chicken. Broil the chicken for 1 minute or until the chicken skin is charred. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley. Squeeze the lime wedges over the chicken before serving.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.