How To Make Teriyaki Salmon?
I cook salmon on a weekly basis because it is healthy and rich with omega-3 fatty acids, protein and low in calories. Salmon is delicious and healthy, such as this easy salmon teriyaki recipe.
The recipe calls for only four (4) basic ingredients: salmon, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and it’s cooked a skillet on stove top.
Salmon on Stove
I love to pan-fry salmon (skin side down) on the stove top. Use a pan or skillet (non-stick preferred) until the skin becomes super crispy. Use low to medium heat on the stove to cook the salmon.
Cover the skillet so the entire fish is cooked through. The end result is moist, tender, perfectly cooked salmon on stove that is bursting with natural sweetness.
Homemade teriyaki sauce is the best and you need only 3 ingredients: soy sauce, mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine) and sugar. Soy sauce is the main ingredient; you can’t make teriyaki sauce without it.
You can get mirin at Japanese or Asian stores. You can also buy it online. Cook the teriyaki sauce mixture on low heat in a sauce pan until it thickens.
What Vegatables to Serve with Teriyaki Salmon
I love serving boiled broccoli florets with the salmon. Assemble a rice bowl by filling the bowl with steamed rice, place the salmon on top of the rice, and then drizzle the teriyaki sauce on top.
The rice bowl will make a complete and nutritious meal for lunch or dinner. It’s also great as a bento to school or work.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 532 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon oil
- white and black sesame seeds, for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Add all the ingredients in the Teriyaki Sauce in a saucepan and reduce it on low heat. As soon as the teriyaki sauce thickens, remove it from heat. Let cool.
- Heat up a pan or skillet over low to medium heat. Add a bit of oil and pan-sear the salmon (skin-side down) until the bottom part becomes super crispy. Cover the pan or skillet to make sure that the salmon is cooked through. Remove the salmon from heat, drizzle with the teriyaki sauce and garnish with the sesame. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 532Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 125mgSodium 2059mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 48g