This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
My son has always been a picky eater. Even though he is in the second year of pre-school now, being picky is still a bad habit that he can’t quite shake off yet.
Over the years, he has gotten better and are more receptive to new ingredients, for example: shrimp.
I have started to make shrimp spaghetti for him using his favorite store-bought Bertolli pasta sauce and he is happy to gobble it up.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Every so often, I try to teach my son about child hunger, and that many children are left hungry without food every day all across the world. In the United States alone, there are one in five children live in households without consistent access to adequate food.
He is so blessed to always have food on the dinner table and that he should appreciate and not waste the food.
That’s why I am just so excited to be partnering with Albertsons Safeway this year to promote good cause for the national “Hunger Is” campaign from September 1st to September 30th.
I always shop at Albertsons and I am truly happy that many of the brands I like are supporting “Hunger Is,” helping to connect hungry kids in our community neighborhoods to healthy food.
I urge you to support the “”Hunger Is” program by shopping at your neighborhood Albertsons Safeway.
There are two ways to help:
1) donate at the register when asked by the cashier if you would like to donate. Even $1 goes a long way to fight child hunger;
2) Buy the following participating brands: Con Agra – Marie Calender’s, Healthy Choice, Bertolli’s, PF Changs, Coke, Unilever, Kellogg’s and Campbell’s.
The “Hunger Is” campaign will be lead by the Safeway Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF).
They will help manage the local distribution of funds collected by store to their local food banks in the communities in which the Albertsons Safeway family of stores operates.
Tonight when little G eats his Spaghetti Shrimp, I am going to tell him that he is supporting the “Hunger Is” program by finishing his dinner tonight!
Serve Shrimp Spaghetti with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 328 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe
Shrimp Spaghetti – the easiest and most delicious shrimp spaghetti that even the pickiest eater likes, quick, easy and takes 20 mins.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup store-bought pasta sauce
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- 1Heat up a pot of boiling water and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drained and set aside.
- 2Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil. Saute the garlic and add the shrimp. Add the pasta sauce, lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp is cooked. Transfer the spaghetti into the skillet, stir to combine well. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.