I made this string beans (french beans) recipe a few months ago but haven’t gotten to posting it. Called 干煸四季豆, this is a popular Chinese recipe that is mostly served in Chinese restaurants here in the US.
I love the texture of the deep-fried string beans; the great flavors came from stir-frying the string beans (french beans) with dried chilies, dried shrimp, and ground pork.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 102 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) string beans, french beans
- 2 oz. (56 g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, rinsed in warm water and chopped
- 1 teaspoon shaoxing wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 inch (1 cm) ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Trim the ends of the string beans (french beans), rinse with water, drain, pat dry, and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with enough oil for deep frying. When the oil gets smoky hot, transfer the string beans into the oil and quickly fry them. As soon as the skin of the string beans (french beans) becomes wrinkly, transfer out and line with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon oil in a wok. Add the chopped garlic and ginger and lightly stir-fry. Add in the chopped dried shrimp, ground pork, and dried chilies and stir-fry until aromatic, and then follow by the string beans (french beans). Add the rest of seasonings and continue stirring for a few times, dish out, and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 606Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 40mgSodium 1944mgCarbohydrates 111gFiber 22gSugar 42gProtein 36g