Chicken Kebab (Chicken Kabab) Recipe http://rasamalaysia.com/chicken-kebab-chicken-kabab-recipe/
May 19th, 2009 42 Comments

Chicken Kebab (Chicken Kabab) Recipe

Chicken Kebab (Chicken Kabab)
Chicken Kebab (Chicken Kabab) pictures (3 of 10)

I am not sure about you, but I absolutely love chicken kebab (kabab).  (Previously, I was hooked on chicken kabab koobideh.) Whoever invented the idea of marinated meat threaded onto skewers and then grill over fire was a culinary genius–one of the most brilliant and delicious food ideas ever invented. I can’t imagine a world where I can’t savor grilled skewered of meat that is bursting with flavors; I simply adore grilled meat, especially kebab.

Kebab is traditionally made with lamb, but I opted for chicken kebab because I don’t eat lamb. Chicken kebab is actually quite easy to make and the marinate process takes just an hour or less if you want. Ground cumin is the secret spice used in my chicken kebab recipe and it imparts an exotic aroma plus unique flavors to the meat. The bell peppers give both color and help refresh your palate after each bite of the chicken kebab.

With summer just around the corner, this chicken kebab (kabab) recipe might come in handy when you plan for your BBQ parties this year. Without a doubt, they are exceptionally tasteful.

Click Page 2 for the Chicken Kebab (Chicken Kabab) Recipe Recipe

1. This recipe is just perfect for me and my family… they are home for 4 days (long weekend here) and we’ll have a barbecue party… Simple and surely delicious. Thank you…

2. yng says:

Mmm, the kebab looks absolutely delicious!
    If using dried parsley, would it be same amount as the fresh ones? :P

3. Orchidea says:

Really nice… I like those skewers.
    Ciao.

4. I love chicken kebabs too and i too make them with chciken than lamb, and this looks beautiful and so so yumm.
    If i had chicken pieces here athome i would have made them right now.

5. Your kebabs look delicious! I’m a fan of a grilled meal on a stick too, and the cumin and paprika sound great for chicken.

6. I have been using a favourite kebab recipe of mine from Jen! I shall make this and hers when we have a bbq end of May!

7. J2Kfm says:

i like lamb kebab, the gamey flavour enhances the overall, carnivorous experience. :)
    but chicken kebab’s easily found, in comparison.

8. Marta says:

Oh I’m loving the marinade! The paprika and cumin must add such a great smokey and earthy flavour to these kebabs. Lovely images :)
    Thanks for sharing this!

9. veron says:

I love all kinds of kababs. I do like to try your paprika and cumin combination. Pictures looks so appetizing too!

10. Grace F says:

Mmmmmm! I was just wondering what I was going to make for dinner tonight. No more wondering! Thanks so much for sharing! Some zucchini or eggplant might be good in there too.

11. Manggy says:

Love this! I love threading pineapple along, as well :)

12. Iva says:

I love this website and especially this recipe. The picture looks awesome and I wish I could do nice photography as well.

I am Malaysian living abroad and constantly missing on those yummy Malaysian food.

This blog has helped me satisfy my cravings. Good work :)

13. freda says:

omg!!! i basically drool over the picture, it looks really yummy :) thanks for the simple & cost efficient recipe u have provided, it makes life easier for me becoz i have to look after an 19 mth old baby & have to juggle with cooking n all other miscelleneous house chores, thanks again for that wonderful recipe that comes with a lovely picture.

• Haha. Did your baby see mommy drooling? ;P I admire the mommies who take care of their babies and managed all the house chores the same time. I am glad to hear some of my simple recipes help :) Kudos to all mommies!!

14. azam says:

lovely photos
    i’m hungry now

15. Pingback:Delicioso Shish Kebab de pollo - El Gran Chef

16. Pingback:Delicioso Shish Kebab de pollo | a morfar

17. fiedha says:

thank you for this yummy recipe.. sure try it for tomorrow’s lunch.. Can’t Wait..!!

18. ming siew says:

i love your recipes! it works!

19. Pingback:Deep Fried Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe | the-missus-blogs.com

20. chacko says:

chicken kabab recipe

21. OMG …..ALL YOUR RECIPES LOOKS AWESOME N UR REALLY GOOD IN PHOTOGRAPHY. WILL DEFINITELY TRY THIS ONE.IT LOOKS SO YUMMY…:-).THANKS FOR SHARING

22. xuan wong says:

how long it will take for it to cook?

23. meadow says:

Tried this on Monday, really good will cook again soon. Thanks :)

24. Vahid says:

Amazing website1really impressed. I’m Persian and the most important thing in chicken kebob marinate is the saffron, I can’t have chicken kebob without it. and one very important thing overlooked in Persian kebobs is the skewer. You should use thick metal skewer that would make the kebob cook from the inside. that would make the chickens more juicy. your recipe looks great, but I personally would use 4 times more onion and would grate the onion. And I use 2 times more lime-juice but I don’t think non-persians would like it.

25. food lover says:

is there an alternative way of preparing the kebabs besides using the gril?

26. Sana Assad says:

I made these the other day and they turned out great! Thanks for such a great share. Any suggestions of some dipping sauce to go with this please? Thanks a ton :)

27. Michele says:

Made these for dinner on a Foreman Grill–even on my little indoor grill, these were awesome. My daughter, who’s usually pretty apathetic about what’s being served for dinner exclaimed “this is so good!” Needless to say this recipe will be making frequent appearances in my culinary routine. Thanks for posting!