Stir-fried Napa Cabbage Recipe
A simple and delightful dish–stir-fried napa cabbage with dried shrimp (and straw mushrooms).
Straw mushrooms are optional but I put them into the stir-fry as I had some leftover in the fridge. Surprisingly, they transformed this humble recipe and added extra flavor, texture, and color to my stir-fried napa cabbage. I loved it!
If you are a Chinese-Malaysian or Chinese, I am sure many of you have had this dish growing up; perhaps you are still preparing it at home. It’s one of those homey dishes that reminds you of your mother’s–or your grandmother’s–cooking…
I served my napa cabbage with a dollop of garlic oil and fried garlic on top of this dish. What a great idea. It infused the serving with garlicky aroma. You should try it, too!
To make other nostalgic and homey Chinese-Malaysian dishes, AKA the food of my childhood, please check out my recipes below (recommended and pair well with stir-fried napa cabbage):
- Malaysian Sweet and Sour Eggs (Eggs Masak Branda/Belanda)
- Stir-fried Eggs with Red Onions and Shrimp
- Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish
- Malaysian-style Ladies Fingers/Okras
- Pork Ribs and Lotus Root Soup
- Bean Curd Sticks and Pork Ribs Soup
- Stir-fried Bean Curds with Leeks
- Braised Bean Curd/Firm Tofu with Mushrooms
- Steamed Tofu and Ground Pork
- Steamed Eggs with Cincaluk/Steamed Eggs with Fermented Shrimp
(Chinese recipes, prepare authentic Chinese food now!)
Click Images Below for Similar Recipes:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your email for new updates: recipes, giveaways, and more!