Banana Crepes – simple and delicious recipe for the best, sweet and fluffy banana crepe recipe ever. 20 mins and breakfast is ready for the family!
Once in a while, I like making healthy breakfasts, for example, banana crepes with maple syrup, topped with my favorite berries. Nothing beats waking up and having a great breakfast that is loaded with all the nutrition one needs for the rest of the day—protein, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and more.
I am not a big fan of traditional pancakes; I think they are too dry and bland for my taste, plus they get soggy when it soaks up the syrup.
I like French crepes. Filled with slightly browned bananas, banana crepes are absolutely delicious, especially with maple syrup. I also love topping my banana pancakes with fresh berries—blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, or raspberry.
Berries give the banana crepes a refreshing flavor, not to mention adding beautiful color to the serving.
Banana Crepes Recipe
Banana Crepes - simple and delicious recipe for the best, sweet and fluffy banana crepe recipe ever. 20 mins and breakfast is ready for the family!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, or water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- butter, for greasing
- berries of your choice, for topping
- maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 bananas @ 6 oz. each, peeled and sliced
- 1Sift flour into a bowl and add eggs, milk (or water), and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- 2Heat butter in a pan, add the bananas, toss until coated, and cook over medium heat until the bananas start to soften and browned. Make sure not to overcook the bananas. Dish out and set aside.
- 3Grease a little butter on a non-stick frying pan. Pour the batter into the pan and cook over medium heat until the bottom part is golden. Turn the crepe over and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate and fill the pancake with the bananas. Fold the crepe over to enclose and top it with some berries. Drizzle maple syrup on the crepe before serving.