Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
Easy homemade creamy cucumber salad coated with a light, refreshing yogurt balsamic dressing. It’s crunchy, flavourful, and makes a perfect side for any meal.
This healthy cucumber salad recipe will be your favorite side for summer.
Why This Recipe Works?
This recipe is so easy, quick, and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. The best thing about it is you don’t need to cook. Only combine the fresh vegetables with a decent salad dressing and the perfect side salad is ready in just 10 minutes.
Yogurt balsamic dressing is creamy, light, and absolutely amazing with a sweet and sour tang. Using Greek yogurt for salad dressing is healthy and makes a low-calorie dish.
This recipe makes a refreshing side that goes well with deep-fried foods or roasts, which helps to remove the greasy feeling.
Ingredients for Creamy Cucumber Salad
Preparing a cucumber salad with homemade yogurt balsamic dressing is easy. It only calls for a few daily ingredients:
- English cucumbers
- White onion
- Fresh dill
- Plain Greek yogurt
- White balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Choose either whole milk or nonfat plain Greek yogurt to have a creamy and flavorful yogurt salad dressing.
White balsamic vinegar is one of a kind balsamic vinegar that tastes slightly sweet and fruity. A good substitute for white balsamic vinegar would be rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar.
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad?
Prepare this creamy cucumber salad in only three steps.
First, cut the fresh cucumber and onion into thin slices.
Next, combine ingredients to make salad dressing.
Finally, add cucumber slices, onion, and fresh chopped dill in a bowl, and toss well with salad dressing.
For the best result, please follow my tips:
- To make sure the cucumber remains crispy and crunchy after tossing in the salad dressing, keep the skin on and pick the freshest ones. You may also salt the sliced cucumber for 10 minutes beforehand. Allow cucumber slices to release some water and squeeze hard to get an extra crispy texture before adding the dressing.
- Soak the onion slices in the water for a few minutes while preparing the salad to remove a little bit of pungency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this creamy cucumber salad in advance?
For the best taste and crispy texture, I recommend serving this creamy cucumber salad immediately or within 30 minutes. Once the cucumber salad is refrigerated for more than an hour, it becomes watery and cucumber slices will be soft.
Which cucumber should I use?
This recipe works for any cucumber, such as English cucumber, Japanese cucumber, and Persian cucumber.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 English cucumbers (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1/3 white onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry cucumbers with paper towels. Slice each cucumber into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Slice 1/3 white onion into thin slices and set aside.
- Prepare creamy yogurt dressing in a bowl by mixing plain Greek yogurt, white balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Next, add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine cucumber slices, white onion slices and chopped dill in a large bowl, and toss well with creamy yogurt dressing. Add more salt if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Peel and seed the cucumber for personal taste. It won't change the taste of the dish.
- Using either whole milk or fat-free plain Greek yogurt will work for this recipe.
- Serve within 30 minutes of making or the cucumbers get soggy.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.