Scallops are my favorite seafood. I just love the tender texture and the briny sweet taste. After all the holiday feasting with a big turkey, stuffing and side dishes, I am craving scallop recipes.
This is One of the Best Scallop Recipes
Scallops are extremely expensive if you eat out at the restaurants, so it’s always cheaper to make them at home.
These creamy garlic scallops are very easy to prepare. The recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Natural scallops that are milky in color, opaque and soft (not slippery) to the touch.
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Butter and olive oil to pan sear the scallops
- Heavy whipping cream to make the creamy and rich sauce.
The end result was so good that I gobbled everything up myself.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This scallop recipe is only 138 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb jumbo natural scallops
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or Japanese cooking sake, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1 slice lemon wedges, quartered, for garnishing, (optional)
- Rinse the scallops, pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet with olive oil and butter. Pan-sear the scallops on both sides until nicely browned, but don't overcook them. Remove and set aside.
- On the same skillet, add the garlic and saute. Add a little bit olive oil if you want. Add the cream, water, wine, salt and cayenne pepper. Bring it to a gentle simmer until the sauce thickens a bit. Add the scallops back into the skillet, add the chopped parsley leaves and lemon wedges, turn off heat and serve immediately.
Buy only natural scallops (untreated with water) for this recipe. Natural scallops are creamy in color, opaque, not transparent looking,and slippery when touched. You can get natural scallops at Whole Foods or Costco, or seafood stores.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 31mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 2gSugar 1gProtein 1g