Grilled Chicken Wings
Grilled chicken wings are a staple in summer, especially for backyard parties and BBQ cookouts.
Five Spice Chicken Wings are one of my favorite chicken wings recipes as they are intensely flavorful, aromatic and so delicious. It’s also very easy to make!
Grilled Chicken Wings Rub
You can get bottled five spice powder at the spice aisle of supermarkets as major spice companies have the product. It’s very easy to use. Just use a little bit as a rub or a marinade ingredient.
Chicken Wings Marinade
Other than five spice powder, these chicken wings are marinated with seasoning ingredients below:
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
How to Grill Chicken Wings
If you have a gas grill, here are the step by step:
- Preheat the gas grill to medium heat. Grilling chicken wings over direct heat will char the skin and bring out amazing flavors and aroma. However, too much heat will burn the chicken wings while the inside is uncooked.
- Arrange the wings on the grill. Grill with direct heat until the skin is moderately charred but not burned. Turn over and grill the other side until charred.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and move the wings to the side where there is no direct flame and heat. Continue to grill the wings until the inside is cooked through.
- Check the internal temperature of the wings. It should be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the wings from the grill and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Grill Chicken Wings with Charcoal Grill?
Yes, you can certainly grill the wings the same way with charcoal grill. The technique should be the same as above. The wings are done when the internal temperature is at 165°F.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
These grilled wings are 361 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
These chicken wings are best served with other summer grilling recipes. For backyard BBQ and summer cookout, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- Rinse the chicken wings with water and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer the chicken wings to a Ziplock bag and add the garlic, five spice powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey and sesame oil. Shake the wings to blend well with all the ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Turn on the grill and grill the chicken wings on direct heat until they are cooked. Serve immediately.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 116mgSodium 528mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 29g