How to Cook Steak on a Skillet?
Garlic Butter Steak is one of the easiest ways to cook steak on a skillet. In this recipe, I am going to teach you how to make perfect, juicy and steak restaurant quality steak at home, with only five ingredients.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How Do You Use Garlic Butter on Steak
Garlic and butter are two of the most amazing ingredients you can use on anything. I love them on everything.
Garlic butter is absolutely amazing on steak, as a compound butter. You don’t want to cook the steak with garlic and butter, as the intense heat on the skillet will turn butter to brown butter, and garlic to burned garlic.
Garlic butter should be prepared ahead of time by combining butter with minced garlic, plus chopped parsley. After you cook the steak on the skillet, you just scoop the garlic butter on top of the steak.
The heat on the steak will melt the butter and warm the garlic, releasing amazing flavors and nuance to the juicy steak.
What are the Best Cuts of Steak?
When it comes to steak, you want to have a nice slab of meat and premium cut. Here are the best cuts for steak.
- Filet Mignon or Tenderloin
- Top Sirloin
Pan-searing Techniques for the Best Steaks
For this Skillet Garlic Butter Steak recipe, I used Top Sirloin. Here are the tips and techniques for perfect skillet steak:
- Season generously with coarse salt and ground black pepper.
- Use a cast-iron skillet – heat it up to smoking hot before pan-searing. This seals in the juice in the steak while creating a perfect sear on both sides of the steak.
- Timing is everything. Depending on the thickness of the steak, you want to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Serve with a compound butter such as garlic herb butter.
There you have it, a quick and easy way to cook steak at home that rivals the best steak restaurants. Try this recipe and make it for dinner tonight!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 248 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Butter Steak Recipe
Garlic Butter Steak - juicy and tender steak cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Topped with compound garlic butter, this skillet steak recipe is so easy and delicious!
- 2 12-oz top sirloin steaks (about 1 1/2-inch thick steak)
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Season both sides of the top sirloin steaks generously with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
Prepare the Garlic Butter by mixing the butter, garlic and parsley together. Let cool in the fridge.
Heat up a cast-iron skillet on high heat until smoking hot. Add the oil. Transfer the steak to the skillet and pan-sear each side (do not turn) for about 4 minutes. Turn over and pan-sear the other side for another 4 minutes. Transfer the steak to a serving platter.
Add a dollop of the Garlic Butter on top of the steak and serve immediately.