I visited Mumbai a couple of times years ago and fell in love with the “real” Indian food there.
One of the most memorable dishes I had in Mumbai was Tandoori shrimp. Big, juicy, fresh, firm and perfectly grilled Tandoori shrimp that was bursting with amazing flavors. The taste lingers in my palate, even years later.
Whenever I travel, I come back with new recipes and inspirations. I often try to recreate the tastes of the places I visited.
These tandoori shrimp skewers are absolutely delicious, with wonderful aromas and deep flavors of the Indian spices.
Tandoori shrimp is on the menu at most Indian restaurants here in the US but they tend to be very expensive as an ala carte entree. If you love Tandoori, you should try my recipe.
Make them on a grill or bake them in the oven. Either way, you will be delighted.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 163 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shrimp, tiger prawn preferred, shelled and deveined, tails on
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water before using
- oil for basting
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- red coloring, optional
- Mix all the ingredients of the Marinade in a bowl. Stir to combine well. Add the shrimp to the Marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or best for two hours. Thread the shrimp onto the bamboo skewers, set aside.
- Grill the shrimp on a grill on both sides, until they are cooked and slightly charred on the surface. Baste with oil while grilling. Remove from the grill, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.
If you are baking with oven, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and arrange the shrimp skewers in a single layer. Using a small brush, baste both sides of the shrimp with the oil. Roast for 10 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked. Broil for 1 minute or until the top surface is slightly charred. Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 163Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 287mgSodium 1181mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 25g