Pork Chop Recipes
This is one of the best pork chops recipes made on a skillet with garlic butter sauce, thyme, salt and pepper.
This main dish is a great dinner entree for busy weeknights and best with side dishes.
I used bone in pork chops for this garlic butter pork chops recipe. You can also use boneless but the bone adds so much extra flavors.
This recipe calls for only a few simple ingredients and it’s important to buy good quality pork chops for tender, juicy, moist and flavorful results.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for this Recipe
- Unsalted butter.
- Minced garlic.
- Herb such as thyme or rosemary.
- Salt and ground black pepper.
- Lemon wedges.
Bone-in or Boneless?
I love bone-in pork rib chops or center cut as the fat and bone marrow infuse the dish with extra flavors, making the chops juicier. It’s also cheaper in price.
You may use boneless chops if you want leaner meat as the fat has been removed. The end result will be drier and less juicy.
To make pan fried pork chops, you can use a skillet and cook on the stove.
It’s an easy dinner that takes 15 minutes to make!
Start out by adding cooking oil and butter to a skillet and then pan-sear the pork until each side turns golden brown. Add the garlic, thyme, salt and black pepper for seasoning and dinner is done.
How Many Calories?
You don’t have to worry about pork chop calories because it’s low in calories and healthy. For this recipe, the calories are 322 calories per serving.
What Tastes Good with Pork Chop Recipes?
Side dishes goes well with pork, for examples:
- Roasted carrots
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Sauteed asparagus
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Roasted cauliflowers
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This pork chop recipe is only 663 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with pasta or rice. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
How to Make Pork Chops?
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) bone-in pork chops
- Coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- Lemon wedges
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil, melted butter and thyme. Pan sear and cook the pork chops for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the surface turns light golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Continue to flip the pork chops around and saute the garlic until light brown. Add a pinch of salt. Remove the pork chops from heat and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Watch the cooking video on this page for step-by-step guide.
Amount Per Serving Calories 663Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 221mgSodium 485mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 59g